Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Hitting the BB Jackpot...but Negative Ghostrider!!!

The BB Jackpot at Shorty's is at $180,000.00, and I was in a hand last night with 4 aces and I beat Aces full of Kings...but it was not to be. All of the rules governing what cards must play...yada, yada, yada...OK...next hand. It was a little aggravating, but I got over it. It was easier getting over this than the cards I received in the 5-5 NL game. Simply Brutal. I dumped $300.00 quick and got back in for another $300.00 and the game evaporated with me stuck $450.00. The cards tortured me.

2 of the hands that I remember vividly are below:

-Flop a set of 4's and lost a huge pot to a set of 6's
-Look down at Q-9s on the button. We have a raiser to $25.00 with 4 callers around to me. Raiser had just bought in the game for $150.00. I call to look at the flop. Flop comes Qc9h3d.
I am thinking of trying to take it down right there. I am happy with what is in the pot already.
So original raiser beats me to it and moves all in right off the bat. I know now he must have pocket A's K's or Q's. If he has Q's I am dead, but I think I am ahead. I call, and sure enough he shows AsAc. He spikes an A on the river to suck out like a champ. These are the kinds of hands I was in. If I had 2 pair, someone had better. If I had a set, someone had a higher set.

Well, I am a little disgusted as this is the first time that the game here at Shorty's has just "evaporated". Felt like they took my money and ran. So I am left with $150.00. I sit down at the 3-6-12 game to look at some cards and shoot for the jackpot. I win a huge hand with pocket A's to get my stack up to $300.00. The NL game fires back up at about 8:00pm, and I am able to suck out about another $85.00 before I have to leave. I walk out the door a $215.00 loser. With the way the cards treated me, I consider this a win.

I am heading back there now to give it some more hell...hopefully the poker gods will be nicer to me today. I have to get pumped for the big tourney in Coushatta, The Seven Clans Poker Cup.
Scotty Nguyen will be their

Side note...we have www.gulfcoastpoker.net up. We have a lot of work to do, but come check us out.

With Coushatta coming up, I want to preview this quote. It's from Sammy Farha to Scotty Nguyen in the 2003 WSOP Main Event. Scotty just bluffed Sammy out of a big hand and showed the crowd his cards, but would not show Sammy. Sammy was visibly upset.
" OK Scotty...OK Buddy...We will go to war now...we will now go to war"

No comments: