Thursday, April 05, 2007

Pain at the Beau

I said I would give you some feedback from my trip to the coast so here it goes. I bought into the 2-5NL game at the Beau last week for $450.00 I was playing great and had a great table image. I knew that several of the players were avoiding me, and I decided I was going to be patient and play tight/aggressive. In 2 1/2 hours I won every pot I entered with 2 having the best cards and 3 where everyone folded to me. I got the stack up to around $840 when the following hand came up.

I look down and pocket aces. (I know...I know...every donkeyfish story starts this way). I am in position on the button and there was a $10.00 raise to me with 2 callers. I make it $50.00 to go and everyone calls. 4 of us see the flop. The flop comes 10d 7d 3s...a beauty for me. Everyone checks around and I go in the tank for a second. There is around $250.00 in the pot, so I decide to take it down there. I ship it and donkeyfish in the 10 seats starts to think. He is agonizing over the call. I know one of the 2 left has the flush draw, and if it was the guy to my right, I knew he would not call. DF counts out $700.00 in cash that he had behind him and throws it in.
Flush draw folds and I show my aces. I see pain on his face so I know he has a pocket pair which puts me a 4-1 favorite. Turn is a brick...river an 8...and his face lights up. I knew it before he turned over the cards.

I also talked to by bud "Tex" and he had a similar story. He had aces in the same situation almost and the donkey called his pre-flop raise...and turn...to hit 2 pair on the river where the donkeyfish held 10-5 offsuit where he hit the 10 on the flop and he hit his 5 on the river. He lost a $670.00 pot.

Donkey Fish 2...Gene and Tex 0

"Somebody once wrote: "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like...Hell" Charlie Sheens character Chris in "Platoon"

5 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

{dealer drags away Clarks chips again} "Why dont you just give me all your money let me kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day!" he he he he ! - Vegas Vacation

bubble boy said...

graet quote there captainstacks, i have never had a dealer actually tell me that but i know for a fact that is what he was thinking


"You want some old man"

Debo- Friday

slowplayjay said...

read this blog and know exactly how you feel, looks like you and your friend tex you spoke about both had your hands busted by some fish, it is a shame how some people get rewarded for such bad play


" Marty it is time to go back"

Dr. Emmit Brown - Back To The Future

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Had a big night of cash boys in a weak 5-10 game. cards were running good didnnt have to bluff too much.

"That Rutgers team was tough man... tatoos ...That was some nappy headed hoes." - Don Imus

bubble boy said...

Hey Mr. Stacks, where can a guy find a weak 5-10 game? I am looking to smoke somebody with some garbage cards. How much did you take home that night Stacks?


Dealer: Pick a number 1 through 10
Clark Griswald: 7
Dealer: sorry the number was 6
Dealer: want to play again


Vegas Vacation