Saturday, May 02, 2009

Finally a small tournament score...Fleetwood Mac

I was able to break out of my tournament funk last Monday night in the $50.00 freeze-out at the Amelia Belle. The bad play was somewhat astonishing ...as well as welcomed. I saw some very strange hands. I became the chip leader at the FT when we got down to 6 handed with the following hand.

There is one lunchbox at the table that is the chipleader in the 1 seat, and the rest of us are all hovering around 12-13 bbs. I am in the 6 seat and there is only one person at the table I am remotely worried about and that was sparky on my left in the 7 seat. blinds are at 1000-2000 and the lunchbox min-raises to 4000 from utg. I ship it for 25k with 7c7h, and everyone folds to said lunchbox. He tank-calls my shove with J3o to double me up. Yeeeaaaaaaaaaa...thanks buddy.

We wind up getting 3 handed with me, sparky and LB, and the blinds got so high that we decided to chop 3 ways. We (Sparky and Me) offered a chop 4 handed with us each taking 30% and the other 2 splitting the remaining 40% of the prize money...even though the LB was still the chip leader...but they balked...oh well. The LB agreed to the 3-way chop, and I agreed just because of the fact that this F'eer was just toooooo unpredictable...he had no range at all. He still had the chip lead, but he knew he was the worst player left. I was in for $50...out for over $500.00

Played in the Harrah's weekly and got there to sign in a little late...right behind Wild Bill, SPR and Mayor Ed. I wind up in the 10 seat with SPR in the 1 seat. I got chipped up early and ran into a couple of coolers...and made a couple of bad "Hero" calls...I was out before the first break.

I have a nice stack when I flop a set of 10's on a 9-10-J rainbow board. I bet out after the flop...villain flats...I fire on the brick-turn...He flats again...I check the brick-river as red flags were going up and he fires a nice bet..."I call"...he tables K-Qo...yuck. I get it in with 10 bbs left with A-9 and someone has A-K...see ya.

My wife and I went to see the Fleetwood Mac concert for her Valentine's Day present this week, and it was amazing. We had so much fun. I really didn't know much about Lindsey Buckingham, but oh my...can that dude play the guitar. It was probably one of my favorite concerts ever behind U2 years ago when I saw them for the "Rattle and Hum" tour. The crowd was electric and they came out for several encores...good stuff. Stevie Nicks is rocking that cougar look even near 60 years old.

Speaking of cougars...oh my god. I saw more Stevie impersonators at the show than Elvis impersonators in "Honeymoon in Vegas"...they were everywhere. I think even Virge could have gotten laid that night. You actually saw a whole spectrum of fans encompassing the hard core 50-60 year old hard core fans...too the parents with their teenage children...the concert was great.

Made a small score on the Kentucky Derby today. I went in for $25.oo with $10.00 each on my wifes 2 picks..."Desert Party" and "Chocolate Candy". I decided to go ahead and throw $5.00 on a long-shot for shits and giggles ...and took "Mine that Bird" in the 8th spot for 50 to 1...ship it to the colonel!!!

"Players...only love you when their playing" Fleetwood Mac lyrics in Dreams

No comments: