Friday, December 18, 2009

Bayou Poker Challenge

The Bayou Poker is winding down with the 3k Main Event starting today...and I am sitting here blogging on my computer. I am fixing to head down there a little later to see what is going on and play some cash or single table satellites. I may play the $340.00 nooner tomorrow if I do well tonight.

How did my tournament series go?...well...that depends on how you look at it. I whiffed all the MTTs I played...but won all my entries in the sats and cash games. My routine was simple...win a sat or beat the cash games and burn it on a MTT. Im only a small loser thru the whole series even though I played in over 1k in tournament buy-ins. I got my money in good in every MTT except 1 ...and that brings me to the mega I played yesterday.

Speaking of getting it in good...I am in the mega yesterday and I was down to about 7-8bbs when from the BB...I looked down at AKo. limp...limp...limp...limp...and I shove. Everyone folds around to the older gentleman with a ponytail and baseball cap that goes in the tank. He has about 16bbs left, so it is going to cost him half his stack to call here. He "hmms and haws" about this and that...then says to me, "Man...I know Im suppose to fold here, but I just have this feeling about this hand...you know what I mean?"....then, "Your prolly going to be mad at me if I call here"...etc.

At this point I know Im good but I also have this feeling that if he calls...Im toast. He reluctantly puts in half his stack and tables Qs10s. Flop comes As-10h-3s...annnnnnnnnd the turn is...a spade.

Im going to just bullet points some things from here...

-Got to sweat some of the 1k final 17 yesterday...Tydean, TK, Cobra Kai, John "JRD312" Dolan, Bazeman, Wally Chambers (Fresh off a 50k 2nd place cash in Vegas), Diaz...it was a strong final 17

-Its been raining for days here...I cant wait to see the sun again

-My first $125.00 satellite I played...7th hand OTB...min raise and 5 callers...I have 55...Flop comes 6-5-2. 1 seat (who is sitting there reading our 1st issue of our GCP Magazine) puts down the magazine and shoves...I call ans say, "Flopped a set of 5's"...to which I hear..."I have 6's" and he tables 66...GG sir...WP...GL everyone

-Shout out to Brian Hempenstall and BJ McBrayer

-Fish is on one of the latest Pokerroad Radio "B team" edition...its a good listen if anyone is intrested.

"It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another" Michael Douglas as Gordon Gekko in "Wall Street"

1 comment:

C.S. said...

Can't beat Psychics, Drunks, and Idiots.