Saturday, October 14, 2006

The 2nd one...still learning

Ok Guys and gals...I am still learning.

I want to talk about a hand that Iplayed tonight where if I was not playing a person I am familiar with, I probably would have went bust in this session.

I was at Cypress Bayou tonight and was in a 5-5 NL game. I knew I was the best player at the table,but a regular, his name is "Vinny" sat down at our table. I have been playin with Vinny for a couple of years and I know he plays fora living...very tight. The games was very loose though. I was on the button and there was a $35.00 raise that was called all around. $350.00 in the pot pre-flop. I have J-Ts, and the flop comes J-8-2 rainbow.

At this point all I am thinking about is taking down the pot with top pair. Everyone checks around to Vinny who moves in with another $200.00. Fold around to me. Now if this was anyone but Vinny, I may have called here. I was "Spooked" though. I know Vinny is thinking the same thing...take down the pot.

I go "in the tank"and start asking Vinny questions. I think I am out kicked if anything, but I can't stop thinking that if it was not Vinny, I would call. I lay it down.

Vinny shows us all pocket 2's . What a lay down. I felt like I was on a Free roll the rest of the night.

"I'll be your huckleberry"
Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday in "Tombstone "

1 comment:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Vinny shows us all pocket 2's . What a lay down. I felt like I was on a Free roll the rest of the night.

Nice fold.
Vinny wussed out , I would have made you wonder what I had for the rest of your life. Then one day I tell you i had ace high.

"King Kong aint got shit on me!!!!" - Denzel Washington -Training Day