Friday, October 20, 2006

Redemption...of sorts for Chester

Well...I did not go back to the elderado, and I decided to go play 2-5 NL at the Horseshoe. I got in a must move game and bought in for $400.00. I was able to get my stack up to about $650.00 when I got in the following hand with an older fellow, that was playing very aggressive. I am in the 7 seat and he is next to me in the 8 seat. He has about $500

I look down at the rockets. Under the gun, I am unsure how to play them. I mean, you want action, but you don;t want a table full of people seeing the flop either. I decide to raise it to $35. 8 seat immediately raises it $65 more to make it an even hundo to go. Seat 1 calls as well as 4 around to me. I think for a second and there is over $300 in the pot, so I raise it another $350.

Now, my thought were to hopefully take it down there. If anyone wanted to stay in the hand they had to know I had a monster. If I had to see the hand I wanted to do it heads up.

8 seat ships in the rest of his chips with a loud "I'm all in". Great!!!!! I call and show my aces and seat 8 shows pocket Q's. Flop hits no one, and the turn and river brick-brick, and I take down a monster and puts me around $1250 to go.

Now...they move me to the main table and what do you know, they seat me right next to "Brian" from the Cheester incident. I put down my chips at my seat, look at him while he looks at my stack, and I can't help it...I say, "Damn man, better watch out, there are no lines on these tables" and I start to laugh like I was joking. This of course is a remark about the night before. The shoe does not have the lines on the table like the elderado that must be crossed for your chips to go in.

Well...like I said before, I had played with these guys before, and I want to give credit where credit is due, he did apologize for the chester move. Funny thing is he did not believe that I only had Ace high. He swears he had bottom pair...go figure.

I beat them up the reat of the night and cashed out over two grand. I am heading to Vicksburg for the night, and then on the Biloxi to play in the Imperial Palace WPT Poker Classic satellite events. 2 weeks worth of mid-level tournys ending with a main event next week with a $1000 buy in.

"Thou wilt be condemned into everlasting redemption for this"
Dogberry: The night constable in Shakespeare's Much Ado about Nothing.

No comments: