Monday, December 11, 2006

Coushatta update

I went to Coushatta in Kinder, La last weekend to play in the Seven Clans Poker Classic. I played in the early bird tournament on Friday night. I made it about 3 hours in. I don't think I played bad, but I was still not happy with my play. I was right where I needed to be and got spooked and did not pull the trigger on the third bullet, bet after the flop, that would have won me a huge pot and made me the chip leader. Instead, I got out kicked by A-8 when I held A-7. There is no doubt that she would have folded if I bet after the river.

From there, the poker gods were rough on me again in the cash game. twice I have had to lay down a nut flush draw after the turn after calling a nice size raise on the flop. I just could not get there on any of my draws. Then, I get Ad-Js on the button and make a standard 3 times raise to $25.00 and get 4 callers. Flop comes Ah-Jc-4h. I make a bet of $150, one and half times the pot to take it down right there. 2 fold and one guy is in the tank. I know he is on a flush draw if he calls. Well, he reluctantly calls saying,"I will pay you off this time". This is my nail in the coffin. Turn brings a heart and he bets.I lay it down face up and he smiles in a "Feel sorry for me kind of way" and flashes me the 2 hearts he had in the hole.

This was how my game has been going...

Tournament structure and overall opinion of Coushatta. It was terriable. I will write a blog a little later on this topic in itself. Dealers, tournament directors, security and the poker room in general...Terrible.

I will be doing a movie reveiw on the Susan Gerad documentary, No Limit...A search for the American dream on the poker tournament trail. It willbe reveiwed on www.gulfcoastpoker.net.

"To avoid tilt you need to look at poker as one long game spanning your whole playing career"
Annie Duke "Bluff Magazine article on tilting"

No comments: