Sunday, December 31, 2006

The tide is NOT turning

well, I wanted to post a Happy New Year to all. Hope everything is well with everyone. The tables have still been brutal to me. I am working on building my bankroll back up to where it is super healthy before Tunica. I am running out of time. I won a sng last night on Pokerstars with a $10 entry and 27 players. Picked up $100.00, but I also lost $100.00 in my home game tournament. We had 10 people all put up $100.00 and we paid 4 places. I was the first one out when my nut flush ran into Dingers boat...oh well. Dinger was hosting the gala so I am glad to lose my chips to him than anyone else.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately trying to find something I could be doing wrong. It is scary that I have read that some pros can go over a year with the cards running bad. I think my biggest problem right now is basic "Guts". Playing with scared money. Playing "Not to lose" and not playing my game. Staying in lots of hands hoping to hit, and calling trying to get my cards instead of playing my game. Play aggressive, and go after the pots like they are mine.

On other notes, my buddy Bill is doing good as is Big RayB. I would like to give both of them some serious kudos as they both have had the nuts to venture out into the world of professional poker. Yes, that's right people, they do not have jobs and play for a living. That puts them 2 with Tex, Joe Bush, K.W. and Brian as my poker buddies that are pros. Seems that I may be the only semi-pro in our group now.

I have been sick lately and not getting to play as much as I would like. I have been watching the poker marathon on ESPN-C for the past 2 days. I just watched the one with Demetrie Nobles. I don't want to criticize other people, but this guy made some "Bad" moves. He was in a spot to easily move up in the pay structure. Oh well...at least he was there ;-)

Everyone always ask me who is the "Coolest" pro that you have every played with? I would have to say Joe Sebok. I was in the 9 seat and he was in the 7 seat for several hours in the 42nd event at his years WSOP. Great guy and really down to earth. He is Barry Greenstein's step son, and if you want to check him out, look here www.joesebok.com. The sound track is cool, and if you are looking for some good ideas for some tunes for your Ipod, he is really into music.

Lets see...is there anything else of interest. Oh yea...I wanted to say something about spouses.
I have several buddies that their wives give them a hard time about playing poker. When they win, everything is the greatest, but when they lose they come down hard on them. I can tell you that without my wife believing in me, and encouraging me when I run bad, I could not bounce back as fast as I do. My wife is wonderful. She was there when I came out 47th in the 42nd event at the '06 WSOP, and I think she was more upset when I got knocked out then I was.
She is my world. She is everything to me. I know that with her behind me there will be no stopping me once I "Cross the threshold".

"It is only when we have lost everything that we can really do anything"
Ed Norton's Character in "Fight Club"

4 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

I have been doing a lot of reading lately trying to find something I could be doing wrong. It is scary that I have read that some pros can go over a year with the cards running bad. I think my biggest problem right now is basic "Guts". Playing with scared money. Playing "Not to lose" and not playing my game. Staying in lots of hands hoping to hit, and calling trying to get my cards instead of playing my game. Play aggressive, and go after the pots like they are mine.

May i suggest looking for a soft 1-2 game . The idea is to win money not to see how many moves you make.

"You want the TRUTH?" "You cant handle the TRUTH!!!!! Jack Nicholson " A Few Good Men"

bubble boy said...

you are right my friend if you are playing with scared money you are in for a long night


"Phone Home"

E.T.

slowplayjay said...

hello out there

bubble boy said...

what the fuck