Monday, January 15, 2007

Back from Tunica

I am back from Tunica and I did not make it into the main event. I want to give props out to my buddy Paul S who was able to win a satillite. I continued to be card dead and started to play bad towards the end and my frustration was apparent. It was a rookie move and cost me some money. I am going to play at the IP tonight in their $50.00 buy-in weekly.

Also...Props out to my buddy Martin "Letspoker" T for cashing in several events over the week.
Way to go!!!!

I did win a satellite and played in a $500.00 buy in second chance tourney at the Gold Strike.
There were 218 people and I made it down to 3 tables. I got knocked out 27th and they only paid 18. I was very disappointed to say he least. Oh well...things happen

My Ipod was permanetly affixed to my head. Below is my playlist I listened to.

i miss u--Blink 182
least complicated--indigo girls
disarm--smashing pumpkins
whats going on --4 non blondes
son of a preacher man-dusty springfield
sympathey for the devil-stones
The freshman- verve pipe
Boheimian Rhapsodey-queen
Dead leaves on a dirty ground-White Stripes
lovesong-the cure
under pressure-bowie with queen
no rain-blind melon
summertime-sublime
18 and life-skid row
what i got-sublime
every rose has its thorns-poision
tell me what you want-zebra
i want you-third eye blind
I'll remember you-skid row
The day the music died- don mclean
Wayfarring Stranger-Jack White
wonderwall-Oasis
Elderly women behind a counter-pearl jam
Paradise by the dashboard-meatloaf
Red red wine-Bob Marley
Leaving on a jet plane-John Denver
Wanted Dead or Alive-Bon Jovi
Beautiful Day-U2
Mr Jones-Counting Crows
knockin on heavens door-GNR
Great High Mountain-Jack White
Jammin-Bob Marley
Poetic Justice-Janet Jackson
Who will save your soul-Jewel
Country Roads-John Denver
Hurt-Johnny Cash
New Orleans Lady-Leroux
Sweet Home Alabama-Lynard Skynard
Cant you see-Marshall Tucker band
I am the bullgod-Kid Rock
somewhere out there-Our Lady Peace
Dissident-Pearl Jam
Something to believe in-Poison
Blurry-puddle of mud
Guerilla Radio-Rage Against the Machine
Scar Tissue-Red Hot chili peppers
Spirit of the radio-Rush
Ill fall in love again-Sammy Hager
It's been awhile-Stained
Down Rodeo-Rage against the machine
Badfish-Sublime
Hunger Strike-Temple of the dog
Seven Nation Army-White Stripes
unchained-Van Halen
slither-velvet revolver
stroke me-Billy Squire
crash into me-Dave mathews

I finished this blog later tonight. I chopped the weekly 5 ways to win a cool $500.00
I played great, and I was the 2nd chipleader. I should have played on as I knew I was the best player at the final table.

"I'd like you to deal. One card from the top will be sufficient"
Mel Gibson's Character in Maverick

13 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Great music selection , is your poker game as strong as your DJ skills?

"Are you Sara Conner" ? "Come with me if you want to live". Terminator 2

slowplayjay said...

i like the variety gene, some slow, some fast, you need to mix it up just like people to mix up their style of play, you know switch gears

" Frankly my dear i don't give a damn"

Gone with the wind

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Can you feel the love Gene?

"Relax dont do it ,when you want to go to it. Relax dont do it , when you wanna come"- Frankie Goes To Hollywood

slowplayjay said...

where are u from captainstacks?


"umpah umpah umpah de do"

willie wonka and the choclate factory

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Tulsa Oklahoma, live in dallas now

slowplayjay said...

so you have never even met gene personally but yet, i have seen you critize some of his plays that he mentions in his blogs? why is that?


"practice, practice, come on man be real practice, it is just practice"

Allen Iverson

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

People have thier own styles and thats cool . I dont claim to know everything about this guy , Im just tyring to give my opinion . Im not claiming to be the greatest poker player but I am consistent winner and know donkey plays when i see them.

"Im Rick James Bitch"-Rick James ( not Dave Chapelle)

slowplayjay said...

everybody has their own style of play captainstacks, some or aggresive, some or passive, some or bluffers, but just because you don't agree with the way one man plays you should consider him a donkey, if everyone played the same poker would be boring

" we do it hercules style"

S. P. Larussa

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

" we do it hercules style"

S. P. Larussa

WTF does that mean? Is that some Roman emperor?

Just look at some of bubbleboys posts and you will see you are in the minrity here so far.

"Nip IT in the Bud" Barney Fife - Mayberry Deputy

slowplayjay said...

S.P. Larussa is the captain of a Mardi Gras club in houma where me and Gene live, and they sponsor some poker tournys about four times a year that i have played in and i am sure Gene has played it for money and other prizes, as far as bubblesboy, everybody has their own opinion, but whatever he thinks does not effect the way i feel


" I shot the sheriff, but i didn't shoot the deputy"

Eric Clapton

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

"I shot the sheriff but i did not shoot the deputy " Bob Marley

bubble boy said...

What is the deal with all these dumb ass quotes slowplayjay and captainstacks? Damn Gene you must have alot of time to sit here and post every song on your i-pod? maybe should spend a little more ime reading some poker books? I read you have some recordings of your wife to settle you down? Dude poker is a game of patience, maybe you should settle down a little and have a little fun. The key is making money, hell instead of trying to win first evrytime, play smart get o the final table and then suggest a chop? If you chop you will still come out ahead? Let me guess gene, chopping is for sissys.



"bow wow wow, yippie yo, yippie ya"


Snoop Dog

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

well , my quotes may not be the level of gened's but i smoke slowplayjay's. Yall notice how we are not even talking to guy this blog is for. I think I am going to start my own and maybe teach you jagoffs how to win money at this game. Chopping = sissy . I once saw a guy at a WSOP event in Tunica chop 4 ways with a huge chip lead just so he could get a ring. What a dumbfuk .

"How bout dem Cowboys!" Jimmy Johnson