Sunday, January 07, 2007

Heading to Tunica

I am heading to Tunica this week and I am really pumped up. I have been doing great online, and I played in a couple of home tourneys this weekend, and took 1st and 3rd. Tex, Joe B, Brian, Big Ray B, Alex and Mitch are all already there. I will have to work during the day, but I hope to get in some sort of action in the evenings. I am eyeing a couple of those second chance tournaments. We went to one of my buddy's house for a party on New years Eve. Me and my wife had a blast. There isn't much else going on except the jackpot at Shorty's is now over a quarter of a million. I have been exercising lately and have lost 11 lbs. I am really feeling good.

I want to focus this blog on ipods, and its functions in big tourneys. I personally love mine. I was at he 5-5 NL game at Shorty's Thursday night and I was giving a player some advice on playing in big tourneys as he was heading to Tunica also.

I was telling him about when I listen to my ipod, I am not always listening to music. I think this is the case with alot of pros. I have instructional stuff on there, complete audio of Lederer's and Hellmuths videos etc. The thing that one person found ultimately hilarious is I told the guys that I have a audio file on my ipod of my wife talking to me "Calming me down" as if I had just taken the worst Bad Beat in the world. That is right, I have 15-17 minutes of her just telling me how good I am, listing and naming off all the tournaments I have won or placed in and basically telling me how much she believes in me and that I am destined for greatness ...etc. Some might find this cheesy, but I find it soothing after I take a BB in a tourney, I just pop on my headphones and listen. It really helps me out.

With this being said I will try to post this week if I do any good, and I will type a post listing all the songs I start off listening to when I am in a tourney. The play list is called "My Favorites". I think you guys would enjoy it.

Well...I have still been struggling but not as bad as Dec. Take care people and wish me luck in Tunica.

"You know, there is a lot of losing in poker, and you have to get used to it"
Chip Reese

4 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

I dont know about your music but i would love to get the tracks of your wife talking to improve my game.

bubble boy said...

i think that is a great idea and not cheesy at all GeneD, what better way to calm your nerves after just getting your ass smoked on a bad beat than to hear the peaceful rumblings from your loved ones

"I'll make it"

Jimmy Chitwood- Hoosiers

slowplayjay said...

everybody deals with bad beats in different ways, for gene it sounds like listening to some words of wisdom from his wife helps him settle down and not go on tilt, Gene if it works go for it man, I did not even know you were married Gene, i always assumed you were single, as often as you travel and play

"Life is like a box of choclates"

tom hanks as forest gump

bubble boy said...

there you go again blowing smoke up Gene's ass again, what a smuck, get a life