Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Snapped off the first super

OK...one down...three more to go. I was one of 33 people last night who won the $1000.00 super. We received 2 $500.00 tournament chips. Wild Bill also was one of the last 33. I think we were the only 2 to get there. Davey, Ruttley, Ed and Alex all didn't make it. I played really well although I did have to suck out at one point. A couple of highlights:

--I doubled up on the first hand: I had pocket 10's and I made it $50.00 to go from late position. A guy in a Frigidaire shirt does the classic ...slams his chips in a demands "I'm all in". Every folds around to me. I start studing this guy and clearly he was not a regular. I had the "strong means weak" tell already going for me so I ask..."What you got A-K?"...His expression immediately went to "How dis you know that?" ...and I insta-call. He has Big Slick, and the board bricks out. Sweet!!! double up on the first hand.

--From there my buddy Alex got moved to our table. I continue to build my stack, when I get Pocket J's and jammed it with 4 limpers, and everyone folds. Next hand I get pocket Q's when Alex jams it. I call and and he shows A-J suited in diamond. Flop rainbows with one diamond. Guess what...runner-runner diamonds, and I couldn't have doubled up a nicer guy.

--Right before the break...I have Ah-Qd. and am in the bb. utg ships it in with about twice the bb. I re-raise all in to isolate him. He shows Kd-Qs. I have him dominated. Board hits 2 spades, and what do you know...guess what...runner-runner spades has me wondering whether the poker gods were going to take a dump in my cheerios.

--We were down to 50 people left when the only time in my whole tournament life last night, my life was on the line. I am in the 5th seat and the button is in the 7th seat. I have a pretty good read on the 10 and 1 seat. 10th street utg limps as does the 1st seat which happens to be the only women left in the tourney. I move all in on a stone cold steal with J-2o. Everyone folds around to the the lady in the 1 seat. I am sitting there telling her to fold telepathically..."Fold...Fold...Fold"...I say. Wouldn't you know she doesn't listen. (I need to work on these telepathic powers of mine ;-) ). So we turn them up and she shows pocket 9's. I commend her, as well as the rest of the table on making a pro-call here. The only time in the entire tournament I am in for my tournament life, and we are 15-16 away from getting the $1000.00 in chips. Flop doesn't help me...turn bricks out...and don't you...the poker gods sent a lightning bolt down from the heavens to turn the river card into a J. Gin...I am now sitting really pretty and all I do is work the clock from here on out.

--Poker wire radio...people, I have been listening to the pod cast religiously on my ipod. I download the pod cast. Gavin Smith, Joe Sebok and Joe Stapleton are a trip. I really enjoy listening to the group.

"I expect the best, and I give the best. Here's the beer. Here's the entertainment. Now have fun, that's an order"...The lieutenant in "Starship Troopers"

No comments: