Sunday, July 22, 2007

Local tournament...Amelia belle

We were able to pull together a nice tournament last week in Houma posting 24 players without even having 2 of our GCPers there as Bill and Ray could not make it. We had a first place of over $1000.00. Buy in was $100.00. I want to thank everyone for coming and taking part. The tournament got started at about 7:15 and finished up before midnight...I think. I left when the last three players were working out a deal where they all took x amount, and then they played for the remaining prize. I should have some pics up on the site soon. Tex was the chip leader and Ruttley and Paul S. were the other 2 players involved.
You guys can check out Tex here:

http://www.pokerpages.com/players/profiles/84539/jason-henderson.htm

You guys have read about Ruttley here on our site in the last New Orleans Circuit Event $10,000 championship event:

Per K Minton's blog--Seat 6 raised to 8,500. Brandon Ruttley called, Lou Esposito called, and Phil Gordon (button) called. Flop was 2 4 9 . Seat 6 checked, Brandon bet 30K, Lou folded, and Phil moved all-in. Seat 6 mucked and Brandon went into the tank. After a few minutes (the level had ended) Phil called for the clock. Before they got the clock started, Brandon called and showed pocket Jacks. Phil held pocket 4s for the set. Last two cards were Q 8 and Brandon was busted in 39th place. Phil adds more chips to the mountain--

And Paul was actually on TV at the WSOP circuit event at Bally's. This was the one where Kido Pham won. He went out on the hand below with Scotty Nguyen.

Scotty Nguyen takes out Paul Shoultz
No Limit Hold'em
2005-11-21 19:07:28 EDT
Paul Shoultz pushed in pre-flop from the button and Scotty Nguyen called from middle position. The players showed:Paul Shoultz 1010Scotty Nguyen A8o Shoultz stayed in the lead through the flop and the turn when they came Kc9s7h2c, but when the river came As, Nguyen made a better pair to win the pot. Paul Shoultz went home in 23rd place

What a brutal hand...
http://www.pokerpages.com/players/profiles/82946/paul-shoultz.htm


Finally went check out the Amelia Belle last Friday night. I was pleasantly surprised as I guess I was expecting it to be worst that the Belle. Actually, it was pretty cool. Walked up and got immediately called out by a local girl named Kirby that use to bar tend at a bar where we played bar poker about a year ago. The reason she called me out was I didn't recognize her as she was the supervisor. Not a dealer, but a supervisor. She said, "You don't recognize me?". Oh well, sorry Kirby, you guys did a great job though and I am glad to see you are doing well. My buddy Matt has been moved to the Coast. Nice room with 5 tables. I didn't realize just how close it was to my house. In fact, it was so close I called Sunday and put my name on the NL list, left my cell number, and told them to call me if the game jumped off. They called at about 8:30, but I was in for the night.

I played in the 3-6-12 game until the NL game jumped off, and picked up several hundred dollars there as there was lots of action. It was a good game. I moved to the 2-5 NL game and sat down with $400.00 (200.00 out of pocket and 200.00 I won at the limit game). Got in a couple of good hands and was able to build my stack. I was in the 8 seat and had Jose "Cisco" Santana from Thibodaux in the 9th set and Parfait in the 10th. The only hand to talk about is I picked up aces on the button, and made it $25.00 to go after seeing 2 limpers. Parfait also calls. We see the flop with right at $100.00 in the pot. flop "bricks out" with all rainbows...something like Jh8c3d. I jam trying to take the pot right there as the $100.00 was enough for me. Everyone folds and Parfait shows the Pocket Kings. Oh how I wished there would have been on those lunchboxes in that seat. Some of those knuckleheads would have went bust in that hand.
Cashed out with $565.00 for a total profit of $365.00 on the night.

We are still actively looking for bloggers for the GCP Blog Center. Anyone out there on the Gulf Coast looking to write about Poker...and anything else that is related to poker...let us know.
We are looking for a few good writers to help us bring content to the site.

"Sometimes when I think of how good my book is going to be...I can't breathe" Philip Seymour Hoffman as Truman Capote in "Capote"

2 comments:

BullFeathers said...

I've yet to see you link my site on GCP. We are your staunchest ally. For the love of Wills and Harry, put a Brit on your site.

Cheers!

Bad Beet said...

Rutley,Paul,Tex? never heard of any those bastards.