Thursday, July 26, 2007

Today is my Birthday

Today is my B-day. I plan on relaxing, spending some time with my wife, and playing a little poker. I think I already posted this last year, but I have the same B-day as Negreanu, and I will take a lead from him and post my day:

Had my teeth cleaned today as my wife has been on my ass to get this done. That stuff they clean your teeth with really taste bad. I can still taste it in my mouth. I am having lunch with my wife. I then have some appointments and conference calls for work. After work I plan on getting together with some friends and drink a few cold ones. Get my presents from my wife, and then head on over to the Amelia Belle where hopefully, there is a game. I have already gotten numerous e-mails and phone calls wishing me Happy B-day. My sister...my aunts and uncles...lots of people.

Lets talk some poker...Played in a couple of sessions in the last couple of days and I am right at even. One winning and one losing session. I stopped at Shorty's on my way back from Lafayette Tuesday, and got in a good game. I was able to pick up some nice hands and get paid off on them. First hand I am in the mid-position in the 3 seat and look down at A-Jo with about $300.00. I limp to see where I am at. Lunchbox in the 10 seat, who I saw make some bad plays earlier, makes it $35.00 to go. 1 seat calls and I call. Flop comes down Jc7dJh. I know this guy is known for over playing his hands, and sure enough he beats out $80.00. 1 seat folds and I smooth call. Turn brings a Kh. He now slams $150.00 in the pot. I ponder for a second, and count out the chips. After I call, this would leave me with another $110.00 left. Instead of just jamming because I want the rest of his chips, I again, smooth call. River brings a Qh. he asks me how much I have left and I tell him. He says, " I put you all-in" and I insta-call. He tables big slick off-suit. I show my hand and he gets a "ship it to the colonel" from me as I double up.

This hand went down on the 3rd after 9 of us started the table. I was not involved, but i was interesting. Keep in mind $300.00 is the max buy-in for a new table. Young kid with hood raise to $15.00 and gets called by grubby looking older guy. The lady on the end re-raises to $45.00 and they take the flop 3 ways. Flop comes out Ks7s4s. Hoodie checks...grubby checks and the lady makes it $100.00 to go. Hoodie and grubby smooth call. Turn brings the Ad. Hoodie checks. Grubby makes it $100.00 to go...The lady re-raises all in. Hoodie calls as does grubby. They turn there cards over. Hoodie has As3s for the nut flush, and he has to fade the board pairing. Grubby has a set of Kings, and the lady is holding AhKh for 2 pair. River brings the Ac...sick...so sick

I cashed out a $350.00 winner on this session. Went with wild Bill to Harrahs last night and we got to sit right next to each other at a 1-2NL table. I donked off the $350.00 that I won the night before. We could only start with $200.00 in this game. I got cold cards and I made the wrong moves at the wrong times. As an example. I get down to $55.00 and I look down at pocket 9's in the BB. Button raises to $15. I jam...he calls with A7o...and he spike an Ace on the turn. That was how my night went. I think Bill's streak was also broken last night. Check out his blog.

I saw that Phil Laak and some other guy beat a AI program named "Prodigy"...go read about it here...Somehow it does not seem that they actually won...I don't know. http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/7/laak-eslami-team-defeats-polaris-man-machine-poker-championship.htm

Looks Hellmuth will not be "Snapping into a Slim Jim" with Randy "Macho Man" Savage on the latest Surreal life...I think its the 7th episode. I think that Carrot Top, the new buffed up version, will be on too. I'll bet that Carrot Top and the Macho man will trade roid "tirades" often, and I would love to see the Brat mixed in with that Chaos. His new line would have been ..."I can dodge needles baby". You can read about the rumors here. From what I read today...this is bogus. http://www.gambling911.com/Phil-Hellmuth-Randy-Savage-Surreal-Life-072007.html

"How bout this... GO GET MY DAMN BEER YOU FRIGGIN MORONS!" Oliver Platt's character Jimmy King in "Ready to Rumble"

3 comments:

Gulf Coast Poker said...

GeneD happy birthday man!

Are you going to hit the soft tables of Harrahs this weekend to celebrate. Arena Bowl crowd should be in town.

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Happy b-day gened!!!

Hey any you coonasses going to be a the Tarpon Rodeo ? Im coming down with a buddy who goes frequently. Havent been there since 1992. I hope it is as crazy as it was back then.

GeneD said...

Stacks...you coming through my patch to get to "The Island". I may be tempted to take a cruise down there this weekend just to drink a cold one with you. I will let you know...