Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Circuit Event...I visit the "Cave"...Chip Reese Passes away

I was able to make it down to the circuit event last week, and fire a bullet at a $300.00 event. I could not get any traction what so ever. I was in the 4 seat at my table. I had "Monkey Boy" on my right, and then they moved Herbie Montalbano into the 2 seat. For those of you who know MB know he is a character. He made the table a little entertaining. After that, I fired a bullet at the single table satellites. I got down to 3 people with Tom Becnel and a new player that really was making rookie errors. At one time he had the big stack with the blinds at 200-400, and Tom only had 800 left in the BB. Tom ships in his last 400 in chips and announces all in. I fold as fast as possible...and the kid folds...Huhhh? WTF!!! Tom and I just looked at each other and shrugged. I thought for sure Tom and I would outplay this guy. Well, I tried to be too aggressive and pushed with a moderate holding, and the kid woke up AQo. The worst part is, 10 seconds after I get knocked out they chop, and both said they would have agreed to chop 3 ways if someone would have brought it up. Duh!!!!

I went down to check out the Main Event yesterday. Looks like TK (Timkrank online) snapped off the $1000.00 event on Sat...Your boy is on a tear lately. He told me everything has been going right for him. Nic also was playing yesterday. I am not sure who is still in it. There was one guy from Houma that I knew that was playing, and that was Mitch Lecompte. Mr. Mitch lived across the street from me for about 8 years as I was growing up...great guy and a solid player.

I made it to the online "Cave" in Lockport Sunday to hang out with Virge, DierteAA and Lusky. It amazes me to see those guys work the dual monitors and such. It really has me understating that I am way behind in the online world. I am going to try to set up some new accounts online and try to start fresh. There are so many tools that you need to be as good as those guys. Oh well...better late than never. TK showed me a picture of his set up at his house in Tallahassee. He has a cool set up with a big screen TV mounted on the wall that he can play the final tables on. It was something else. Oh yea...I also saw that our own Virge is ranked 15th in the state of LA on pocketfives.

Wild Bill and I just got back from the circuit event...We were meeting with Nolan Dalla about the site when Jason Lipscomp announced that Chip Reese had passed away suddenly. RIP my man!!! It is official here http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/article/10365/chip-reese-1951-2007


"A whole human life is just a heartbeat here in Heaven. Then we'll all be together forever" Robin Williams as Chris Nielson in "What Dreams May Come"

No comments: