Thursday, November 29, 2007

Circuit Event "Blues"

I am really having a hard time not being able to play in the circuit event this time around. I have to work, and since I work in a sales environment, the end of the month is the most crucial. I plan on trying to play in a few this weekend, and then hitting Coushatta next week. I may try to play in the Mega tonight also. I would love to satellite into this Main Event as well...we will see.

I have been playing a lot of online low limit MTT's on Stars and FTP. I am like Reid where
I am really getting a lot out of it. When you play in a Low limit MTT with 180 people...it is really competitive. I am seeing improvements in my game day in and day out. For those of you who don't know, Stars run 180 people MTT 24/7 every time 180 people sign up...all day long. They get 180 people...they fire one off.

Last night I played a single table SNG, and of course we all start with 1500 in chips. In the third round I was at about 1950 when a strange thing happened. The chip leader (5650) in chips goes in the tank...and in the tank...and in the tank...and gets disconnected. Well, we wind up 3 handed an hour later and the player just gets blinded out. SWEET!!!. I have seen this happen in MTT's but it is the first time it has happened to me where I am the beneficiary of the disco.

I was listening to poker road radio the other day, and heard Barry G say that the PPA is thinking that the ban could be lifted by 3Q '08. He said they got lots of good feedback from the hill, and basically no resistance. Doyle's Room is back, and I think he mentioned Party is not going to be far behind.

We are really excited about the new changes you will be seeing to the site. We have lots of good things happening, and we are really pumped. I also think that all of us as players are right where we need to be. Bill, Virge, Lusky, Eddie, Tex, Ray, Austin Martin, JoeB, Merle, Reid...look out for these guys. Good things are coming...

"They're not that different from you, are they? Same haircuts. Full of hormones, just like you. Invincible, just like you feel. The world is their oyster. They believe they're destined for great things, just like many of you, their eyes are full of hope, just like you. Did they wait until it was too late to make from their lives even one iota of what they were capable? Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary" Robin Williams as John Keating in "Dead Poets Society"

No comments: