Sunday, January 06, 2008

Heading to Tunica

Thats right folks, getting in the Jeep and heading on down to burn up some satellites. It is so funny that I have told several of my poker playing friends in the last week that I had no plans on making it to Tunica this year. It was funny as Wayne Hatcher and I both said that we have no plans to go, but we didn't know...we might wind up there if the cards fall right. Then I ran into Mrs. Judy Rhodes at Shorty's last night who has cashed several times in the past 5-6 years at the World Poker Open. We both talked about how this will be the first times in years that we do not go to Tunica for January...well looks like I will be going.

I have played in numerous live sessions recently and have "Maintained". I know none of us play poker just to "Maintain". It sucks buying in for $400.00 and cashing out for $365.00...then the next night but in for $350.00 and cash out for $415.00. I was actually able to get up last night at Shorty's. I was $300.00 deep in the game and I was sitting with about $450.00 when the following hand went down. They had just moved an older lady to our table in the 2 seat and I was sitting in the 7 seat in mid-position. I looked down at AcKc and decide to limp along with 6 other people just to change things up a little. Flop hits the table 10c9h4s. I fire out $35.00 and everyone folds except this lady. The turn peals off with the Jc. I fire out $65.00 and she smooth calls. I am completely in the dark as to what she may have...I am stumped. The river comes the 8h and I fire my last bullet...she again smooth calls and table 7h3d. WTF!!!!!!. Doc and I just look at each other and both of us busted out laughing. Yes people...this is the way they play at Shorty's.

Everytime I watch "Rounders" I pick out more and more things that I haven't seen before. I think I may have blogged about this before, but one of things that bothers me the most is the first big hand he plays with KGB. If watch the hand closely once Teddy says, "No...I don't have the spades"...you will see that he turns over the Pocket Aces like he owns the man...like he has the nuts. This bothers me because the hand never would have came out like that, because he did not know whether MattMcD had pocket 9's which would have gave him 4 9's to beat Teddy's Aces over 9's. Oh well...I also noticed that in the scene with Roman and Maurice that the actor that plays Maurice is actually that guy that plays Luca on ER, Goran Visnjic...Damn I watch too many movies.

"Jon Dillinger was killed behind that theater in a hale of FBI gunfire. And do you know who tipped them off? His fucking girlfriend. All he wanted to do was go to the movies" John Cusack's Character Rob in "High Fidelity"

No comments: