Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Random Blog...

Not much going on lately as we are just wrapping up Mardi Gras down in the South. It always gets that way by the time Mardi Gras day comes around where you are glad its over. I want to Congradulate Virge on Satilliting into the first FTOPS event. We will be pulling for you.

I played at Shorty's Monday night, and broke even after about 2 1/2 hours. I was there when they started the game, and the following hand is what jumped off the session. I am in the 7 seat. The max buy-in is $300.00, and we start with 9 players with the blinds at 5-5. I am in the BB, and Mr. Tom from the golf course is to my left UTG. He limps along with everyone around to Nick in the 3 seat who makes it $20.00 to go. There are 5 callers including Jack S in the 9 seat and Mr. Tom. I pitch. Flop comes down 2c3h2s. Mr. Tom brings it out for $20.00. Everyone calls around to Nick who bumps it to $100.00. Everyone folds except Tom and Nick. Turn card brings the 8d. Tom knuckles and Nick shoves. Mr Tom goes in the tank for several minutes before he calls. He table 10c-10d...Nick tables KsQh...river is the Kd. Yeeeaaaaaaaa
I look around and sure enough...I am back at Shorty's. Nothing changes around there.

I have decided to stop posting about all the bad hands I play, and how unlucky I have been. Everyone hates bad beat stories. I played last night in my weekly $50.00 tournament in New Orleans. I got in a few crazy hands, and ended up busting out when I had 8 big blinds left when the blinds were at $500-$1000. I looked down at A-Js UTG with 11 people left, so I open shove and called by pocket kings...see ya.

...sorry for the spelling but it seems the spell check in bloger is hosed.

"Conspiracy theorists of the world unite" Will Smith as Robert Dean in "Enemy of the State"

No comments: