Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Finally booked a winner in Biloxi

Bill and I headed over the the coast Friday night, to play at the IP and get some time under our belts for the tournament on Saturday. The IP has a promotion that if you log in 5 hours of live play between the times of 3pm and 11pm on the Friday night that you get in the $10,000 guaranteed tournament on Saturday at noon for $20.00. We got there right at 6pm and got logged in. I don't know whether I would recommend doing this if you are trying to play in the tournament on Saturday. It could cost you alot to get in the tournament if you have a bad session. I would say that its a good deal if you are planning on playing poker Friday night. If you are going to play poker Friday night somewheres...it just as soon be the IP.

I booked a solid winner on Friday night (FINALLY!!!). Bill and I were able to play on the same table and he was on my right in the 6 seat, and I was in the 7 seat. I did not start off well at all getting sucked out on numerous times, but I just sat there and stayed focused and tried to play solid poker. I made a run to the ATM machine and now was $600.00 deep in the game at about 10pm. Then the poker gods decided to shine on GeneD and cut me a break...I look down at AcAs in a 3 way pot. I jam on the flop, and I was called by a solid player with just top pair of 9's. Bill and I looked at each a little stumped that he would have called me there, but hey, "Ship it ot the Colonel". I drag a huge pot. While I am sitting there stacking my chips, I glance down at my cards that were dealt to me...What do you know...AcAs. Guy in the one seat that just arrived in the game with $400.00 raises to $45.00. I am really cautious now as I don't want to mis-play these babies and give any chips back. I smooth call here to see what kind of flop we get. The flop drops on the board as 9s7h3d. Yes!!!! That flop could not have helped him. He must have a big pair Jacks, Queens or Kings. He leads out $75.00. I jam here again and he says, "I guess it's going to be a quick night for me...I call" and he tables QsQc. The turn and river brick out and bam...There you have it. I cashed out at 11:15am with around $1400.00, and was looking forward to the tournament tomorrow and seeing Ray, Alex, Sam, Mitch and Brandon for Ray's Bachelor party.

We found out that if you get there early on Saturday and you play in the live games, you also get extra chips for the tournament. 8-11am you get 1000...9-11am you get 500 and 10-11 you get 250. Bill and I stayed at the Laquinta Inn that was brand new...Like they had opened 2 days before this. We were the first ones in the room, and it was comfortable. The breakfast hit the spot also. We head over and get in the cash games at 10am, and we both pick up and extra 250 in chips. I bust out early, but Bill takes 6th or 7th. The 2 crucial hands I had were with this "lunch box" that showed up last, sat to my left and new nothing about what was going on. He knew nothing about the Friday night deal or the extra chips...safe to say he was not a tournament player. The first hand we get involved in I look down at 10c10s. He raises and I smooth call. Flop comes out 9c6s2d. He checks and I bet out 250 and he calls. The turn brings the 4s. He checks and I get 700 and he calls. The river is the Qd and he checks...I check and he tables AcQs. The very next hand I look down at KsKc and I am in the BB. Everyone puts in the 100 and it limps around to me, and I raise it to 700. Everyone folds except the villain to my left. The flop hits 10s7d2s. I jam and he insta-calls with pocket 10's. I need a King to survive. The turn is the 9s giving me the spade re-draw, and the river bricks...and thats a wrap. I head over the Beau and the Hard Rock to check things out while the rest of the crew finish the tournament.

I had one key hand in the cash game after the tourney. I was in with several of my bachelor party buddies. Brandon in the 2 seat, Sam in the 3 seat and Alex in the 7 seat. I sat down with $200.00 in the 4 seat, and instantly flopped a set on the first hand to bring my stack up to around $300.00. I worked my stack up to about $350.00 when i glance down and see pocket Aces. I immediately start to think of last night, and I have a bad feeling. Brandon raises form UTG to $15.00, and he only has about $100.00 left in front of him. I make it $75.00 to go and the guy to my left calls. Brandon sticks the rest of his chips in, and we both call. Flop comes out K-brick-brick. I look at Brandon because I am trying to get a read on whether he has the pocket Kings. Yea...I think he has them, so I jam to try to get some value out of the hand in a side pot with the guy to my left. He folds....Great!!! ...but not so...Brandon surely turns over the Kings, but the guy to my left folds pocket Jacks...Turn is a Jack...river a brick. It kind of sucked for me, but I was happy for Brandon. At least the money stayed between us, and it could have been worst if guy to my left calls...I take a big hit then.

I continue to play in LL MTT's online and have cashed in a few. Its not alot of money, but I do get to see alot of hands. Below are a couple of my online hands:

This one was the catalyst of this tournament. I think I got 148th out of several thousand people.
This is the type of hand you dream of when you are in a big tournament

PokerStars Game #15532451536: Tournament #77444934, $2.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2008/02/24 - 22:42:44 (ET)
Table '77444934 219' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: yorgi73 (14058 in chips)
Seat 2: mes_75 (4467 in chips)
Seat 3: GCPGeneD (10187 in chips)
Seat 4: cash_luck (6188 in chips)
Seat 5: pokercrook4 (7849 in chips)
Seat 6: mr_alterboy (5932 in chips)
Seat 7: callinC (4095 in chips)
Seat 8: MRSCHEEZE (7309 in chips)
Seat 9: rizzo888 (13173 in chips)
yorgi73: posts the ante 50
mes_75: posts the ante 50
GCPGeneD: posts the ante 50
cash_luck: posts the ante 50
pokercrook4: posts the ante 50
mr_alterboy: posts the ante 50
callinC: posts the ante 50
MRSCHEEZE: posts the ante 50
rizzo888: posts the ante 50
mes_75: posts small blind 300
GCPGeneD: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GCPGeneD [Kc Kh]
cash_luck: folds
pokercrook4: folds
mr_alterboy: raises 5282 to 5882 and is all-in
callinC: calls 4045 and is all-in
MRSCHEEZE: raises 1377 to 7259 and is all-in
rizzo888: folds
yorgi73: folds
mes_75: folds
GCPGeneD: calls 6659
*** FLOP *** [7c 8c 7h]
*** TURN *** [7c 8c 7h] [4c]
*** RIVER *** [7c 8c 7h 4c] [3c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***GCPGeneD: shows [Kc Kh] (a flush, King high)
MRSCHEEZE: shows [Ad Ks] (a pair of Sevens)
GCPGeneD collected 2754 from side pot-2
mr_alterboy: shows [Ts Js] (a pair of Sevens)
GCPGeneD collected 5511 from side pot-1
callinC: shows [Qh As] (a pair of Sevens)
GCPGeneD collected 16930 from main pot
bodysnatchas is connected
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 25195 Main pot 16930. Side pot-1 5511. Side pot-2 2754. Rake 0
Board [7c 8c 7h 4c 3c]
Seat 1: yorgi73 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: mes_75 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: GCPGeneD (big blind) showed [Kc Kh] and won (25195) with a flush, King high
Seat 4: cash_luck folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: pokercrook4 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: mr_alterboy showed [Ts Js] and lost with a pair of Sevens
Seat 7: callinC showed [Qh As] and lost with a pair of Sevens
Seat 8: MRSCHEEZE showed [Ad Ks] and lost with a pair of Sevens
Seat 9: rizzo888 folded before Flop (didn't bet)


The hand that crippled me after this hand was A-J (Me) against K-J (Villain) ...we get it all in pre-flop...and a Kings hits on the river. If I win this pot I think I would have been chip leader.

"Does your boss know your using his house for a party? Cause I just put a call into him. Yeah, we went to school together. I helped cheat on his economics final or he wouldn't have graduated so he owes me big-time....You know another class I took at Harvard? Business Ethics. I don't steal other people's mother fucking clients, but in your case I'm going to make an exception. I'm going to take everyone; your B-level sitcom stars, your reality-TV writers, when I'm done with you, you're gonna be repping sideshow freaks. You need Jo-Jo the Dog-Face-Bitch-Boy? Call Josh Weinfuck, the lightweight pen-stealing fuckface" Jeremy Piven as Ari Gold on "Entourage" Episode with Gary Busey

1 comment:

slowplayjay said...

what up fellas