Saturday, March 08, 2008

HLB heading to the State Championship

Tough night. I went to Lafayeete to sweat my brother in law in the Louisiana 5A Basketball State Chapionship at the Cajun Dome. My brother in law is the Athletic Director at HL Bourgeious High School. HL also happens to be my alma mater, and it is the first time that we have ever made it to the State Championship in Basketball...wait a minute...its the first time for any major sport. We were pretty pumped and excite, we decided to stop at Shorty's to get a quick session in before we went on to Lafayette and the Cajun Dome. I booked a small loser in the 2 hours that I was able to play. There were numerous regulers there as well as my LAG Asian friend Jessie. There were several other Asian players in the game as well as Jessie. I took some ugly stares when I called them out for the "English Only" rule. They all seemed to look at me like I was being a hardass when I pointed this out. I was actually a little upset that the dealer did not point it out sooner. I got about $400.00 deep in the game and I cashed out 2 hours later with $365.00.

The game turned out to be a great game, and I was really proud of my B-n-Law as his team played the best that the could. He really hung in there like a professional even letting his 2nd and 3rd teamers get some playing time once it got to where they were not going to win. I could tell that they were happy to be get in the state championship game. It was really cool. It was also very heartbreaking to see them lose. It is a shame that one of the teams had to lose.

I havent been doing to much lately except staying busy at work. Doing the daily grind of telecom. I see alot of good things happening at my company. I think our sales team is really coming around, and hopefully our corporate office will back us up as we are on a tear.

I am watching the WSOP 2006 main event and I cannot belive this guy Dimetri Nobles. I am not critiziing his play, but he had some spots were he could have played a little less agrresive and he would have got even further than he did.

Oh well...Heading to Memphis next week, so I will be getting in lots of time at the tables in Tunica. Hopefully I will have something to blog about

"If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners" Gene Hackman as Coach Dale in "Hoosiers"

No comments: