Friday, April 25, 2008

Alright...No Flames...or is anyone even reading my blog ;-) (Doubt it)

I am heading to Harrah's tonight to play some poker, so I hope to have some poker post this weekend. I haven't played much live recently as I have been working alot.

My wife has me on some crash course diet/exercise regime because I need to lose some weight and get healthy. We "Juice" in the morning, and I eat a salad for lunch. I ride my bike when I get home from work for about 1 1/2 hours, and then we eat a very reasonable dinner like meat/salad/veg. I have already lost a couple of pounds am I also feel alot better. Sorry DirteAA as you won't see me very often with a "Beer in a Cup". I am also cutting back on the frosty beverages.

I am going meet one of my good friends at Harrah's tonight. He is a world class pool player named Gary Abood. Several years ago when I was living in Atlanta, he and another close friend were on the road playing pool. They stayed at my apartment for a couple of months when they came hit Atlanta/Birmingham/Chattanooga. I had heard he was in town as I haven't spoke to him recently. There I am sitting at the bar at the Uptown Sports (GCP Sponsor) when I hear "Disco Dudek"...Yea...thats the nickname he gave me. It was good to see him again. A great guy that wields a very good stick. He had a poker player buddy with him named Chad from Shreveport. If you guys are reading this, I will see you at Harrah's tonight.

I also got some very disturbing news about a fellow poker player. It seems he has been diagnosed with a dreadful disease, and It ruined my day yesterday. I cannot say his name as it s not my place to tell everyone, but if him or his wife are reading this...Julie and I are praying for you guys. Stay strong!!!

That piece of information had me sitting back and pondering just how short life is. Sometimes I think I have problems that I have to deal with and then... Bam...you are hit with something like this and I start to laugh...My problems are so petty. We all need to count our blessings and keep your loved ones close.

On a another note...I was able to catch the mini-series on HBO about ...and named "John Adams". What a great show that it turned out to be. If you want to see what it was like for the first 50 years of the USA then this is for you. My wife and I Tivo'ed all the episodes last Saturday and watched them all this week. What a man and a patriot. If you are somewhat of a History buff as I am and you have a love of our great country, this show is a must see. It is amazing that he does not get as much attention as Washington and Jefferson...but what a man. I was moved...Well Played John Adams.

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs"
Rosie Perez as Gloria in "White men Can't Jump"

No comments: