Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Snoozing to a win

Snapped another LLSNG last night when I got home from partying with my boys on Stars. I didn't start the game until late...something like 10ish. My boy J-boy called me up and we haven;t seen each other in a while. J was a usher in my wedding and one of those "True Blue" friends you know you can count on, will always be there if you need him and nevr judges you. Great guy. So we meet up some of his crew here in Lafayette (J was born and raised here) and it's 5:30 and they are wanting to hit Jagermiester...Yikes...I hate Jagermiester. Its just I never really like to drink cough syrup to catch a buzz...its not my thing. Give me a cold brewskie and a shot a goose every 3rd beer and lets party...Damn...Jagermiester. Found out they were some young whippersnappers...around late twenties and early thirties and that explained it. I remember those days. Anyhow...3-4 beers in and they finally get GeneD to start shooting Jager...not good. I felt like shit all day today. So, after drinking all night and slamming numerous shots of the eurpoean version if Vicks Formula 44D/Robitussin, I come into the hotel room last night and immediately log in to Stars as I think I am going to play a sng before bed...yea right. Well things went pretty OK.


PokerStars Tournament #100169077, o Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $3.00/$0.4010 playersTotal Prize Pool: $30.00 Tournament started - 2008/08/04 - 22:37:08 (ET)Dear GCPGeneD,You finished the tournament in 1st place.A $15.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

I have no F#$*&ing idea what happen to the rest of this post...it mysteriously disapperaed and I don't feel like retyping it...

1 comment:

Reid said...

Poker is such a bullsh*t game, isn't it? I mean, you can study, focus, try your best and still get crushed.

Then you can get wasted on Jagr, talk on your phone, fall asleep, and win. What the hell? I think you discovered a winning formula, Gene!

OPP. Not good times. Bad times.