Monday, December 08, 2008

Chip and a Chair

Thats right folks...GeneD pulled off the biggest cliche quote in the in dusty in a $65.00 satellite at the Harrah's Bayou Poker Open. I will tell that story first and then segway into a couple of other things I wanted to chat about.

Let me set the stage...there are 4 of us left in a simple $65.00 satellite and I was getting low. There was a very tight lady in the 1 seat...there was some Arabian guy in the 3 seat with a nice crew cut....but had a huge, thick beard that hung down to the middle of his chest (ZZTop Guy)...and there was a business exec guy in the the 4 seat that seemed really nice. We were almost to 6pm and both the ZZTop guy and the Exec wanted to play the 6pm Mega. The blinds are at 100-200 and I am short. The blinds go thru me and I have exactly 300 left. Great...I have only a few hands to go. I get to the BB and flip in my 200 and was dealt 9-4o...Great. Everyone limps expecting to get me 3 to 1 to knock me out knowing I was not going to fold...You know I thought...to hell with it...I pitched the cards in the muck and watched as all the players including the dealer...stared at each other like I was an idiot...Which mathematically speaking...I was. I threw mt last 100 chip in on the SB...and you guys can figure out where it goes from here. Quite a few double/triple ups and people started to gather around as the word spread around the room. We get heads up with the Business exec and we chop...Him $300.00...me $250.00. I was pretty happy with that although I know they are several people who are readying this that are going to give me grief for chopping.

What else...Congrats go out to PokerLusky...our transplanted Cajun living in Vegas as him and his girl got engaged. Being Married is great when you find the right person...I wish I wouldn't have waited so long.

"You know that all my writings have called this occupation a violation of international law and its practitioners are criminals?" Marisa Tomei as Natalie in "War Inc."

2 comments:

Bad Beet said...

You said there was this very tight lady at your table. Man who you callin tight? How you didnt ship it with 300 blows my fukn mind. And to fold and leave yoself one chip,how long u been playin?

GeneD said...

I know....I suck ;-)

Thanks for the post,
GeneD