Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Harrah's Winter Open

Have been busy at work recently...Sales-Sales-Sales... so I haven't had time to blog. I have been somewhat running good recently in the 1-2/2-5 games I play in, and have booked several small wins. (nothing to brag about...Obv). Last Wednesday I got in at Shorty's with $230.00 and cashed out for $455.00. I had a couple of things I wanted to chat about there, but Its been awhile ago...and many hands ago. ...lets see... Mike O. was there dragging in another win. I swear that guy never loses. Solid Player...but also seems to run well also. Met Dave A. also

Friday after Thanksgiving I went back out and was able to score another win almost identical to the One Thursday. This one I got in for $200.00 and cashed out for $435.00. I get coolered the first hand by Jack S. where he raises from the button $25.00...I am on his left in the SB. Jacks range here...Who Knows???? HaHaHaha (Just kidding Jack). Anyhow...I smooth with AKo as do several other villains. Flop comes out Ad-10d-4c. I check...Jack c-bets $30.00...all the others scatter. I think I am ahead here but I reluctant to raise. I decide to see where this hand will take me and just call. turn...Jd. Great...puts the straight and flush out there. I check saying something like "I'll check it down Jack", which he says, "Oh no...I gotta bet now"...He slides out $60.00 and I make a bad call. River is a brick and I check...he saying something about being spooked by my flush...he tables KQ0 for the turned straight. Half my buy-in gone and I get moved to the juicey table with E.J, Big Randy and Rabbit. Those 3 are a game it itself.

So I sit in the game and wait for a good spot. 30-40mins go by and ...nothing. I limp in a few spots but nothing transpires. I am OTB with Qh8h and the UTG players fires out $25.00...and get 5 callers to me...Hmmmm. I have $80.00 left. I decide to join the party to see if something happens. SB calls...BB folds. Flop hits Qc8c5d. Everybody checks it to me and I ship my remaining $55.00 and get 2 callers. Turn is a random club and I cringe...but the river snakes out the sweet 8s. You guys to do the math and I was back in the game...full swing. From there...nothing much happened. Saw my brother and sister n law there that night...thats it.

Got in a cash game session at Harrahs the other night with the Tiltin Texan and SouthPawRounder...has a good time. Drank toooo many Blue Moons. We went to Ruth's Chris after so they could eat a steak. I had the Tuna Tataki...good stuff. Played a $65.00 Satellite with Marshall Brown of Mickey Browns hot Tamales. Good to see Marshall...had seen him in awhile. I then hit the 2-5 game with the "bueshewacker." I had Joe on my right and "Loveshack" Dave from Baton Rouge was on Joe's right... 2 from me on the right

Wow....just started a $3.40 sng on stars. 3rd hand I call a $100.00 raise with 4s-4c. Flop comes out 10d3s4d. Villain c-bets $550.00...I shove...he calls with AdKd...hits his diamond on the river...See ya....

Back to the table with Joe and Loveshack. Played for several hours until our table broke and we split. Played on another 2-5 while Loveshack and the bueshwacker head to another table. I broke out even on the night and spent the night at The Queen and Crescent Hotel they were completely sold out for all the rooms that Harrah's had reserved. Damn....on a Monday night they sold out...kind of weak if you ask me.

I kind of felt bad for Juicey as he is taking some heat about the tourney structures. They skip several levels and there were lots of players not to happy about it. The first one was that Harrahs cut out the $100-$200 without the blinds. Normally it goes 25-25/25-50/50-100/100-200....and then 25-100-200...they cut out the 100-200 no ante level out as well as several others. I was actually in a conversation talking to TK and Tim Hebert when Juicey walked up...we all started chatting and noticed that the 6pm mega structures were better than the nooners...oh well...I am sure Juicey is on it.

You will see on the site soon about a big score, but I wanted to chip it out first here...Congrats to Nick "Nick the Greek" Gellepis (AKA- "MVP OF LIFE")for nailing a nice score on Stars... $55 buy-in, Daily Eighty Grand [$55 NLHE - $80,000 guaranteed] on PokerStars. 11/14/2008, 1st place for $16,219.50. Way to go NICK!!!!!!!!

What else is happening...Heading to Harrahs's tomorrow...I will try to give you guys an update soon. Then back to work...selling-selling-selling.

"Hi. I'm, uh, I'm a pet psychiatrist. I sell couch insurance. Mm-hmm, and I - and I test-market positive thinking. I lead a weekend men's group, we specialize in ritual killings. Yeah, you look great! God, yeah! Hi, how are you? Hi, how are you? Hi, I'm Martin Blank, you remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, but I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough"
John Cusack as Marty in "Grosse Point Blank"

No comments: