Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Harrah's Session...GCP Condo...and clock work

Wild Bill and I headed over to Harrah's Monday night to get in a quick session, and we were able to sit at the same table right next to each other as they opened a new table right when we got there. We played 1-2nl, and everyone started with $200.00 which is the starting stack. This was one of those sessions where we both played the best poker we could under the circumstances, but cards just weren't cooperating. Wild Bill got his good hands run down, and I had the best run of cards I have had in a while. I got the the cards slapped up side my head, and still could only muster to book a $100.00 win. I caught Aces once, kings three times, queens twice and Big Slick several times also. I won with the aces when me and another guy got in all in where he flopped 2 pair, and I counterfeited him on the river when the board paired on the river...finally. I had to lay down kings twice when an Ace hit the flop and on both hands they were played out and shown and I would have indeed lost the hand. I had to lay down queens once with once again, the hands were shown down and I would have lost. I laid down 2 pair once, several straights and a couple of flushes also. The hand that sent me home with the $100.00 winner is below.

I limped in from the button with 5c7c, and 3 of us saw the flop. Flop came out Ac2h2c. The one seat bets $15.00 and we both call. Turn brings the 6c. The one seat beats $25.00 and I call reluctantly and very suspiciously. River brings a brick and the one seat fires $35.00 and the other guy jams all in with about $115.00 more. I go in the tank for just a second, and flash my hand to Bill and lay it down. One seat calls and he tables Ah2s, and the other guy shows Kc4c.

I am really excited about this weekend, and the condo is really sweet. If anybody who reads this blog is looking for a place to stay in Biloxi for the WPT Championship...or anytime for that matter. Please Call George at Gulf Coast Resort Realty at 2287600554 or 8668511701. He will hook you up with a nice condo suite. The 2 bedrooms are going for under $200.00 which is what the rooms at the Beau go for on standard weekend night. You get a full kitchen, Plasma/LCD TV's/Marble...etc. I looked at the 2 bedrooms and you could easily sleep 6 people with 4 beds.
Tell George you saw it here and I am sure he will cut you a great deal.

Working the clock in a tournament...I have spoke about this earlier in a blog. I believe that the clock is an important variable in any tournament, and not keeping an eye on it would be a detriment in my mind. That is what I feel. When we get to final couple of tables, I want the round to end on my button so the blinds and antes will go up with me on the button. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. When the rounds end 15 minutes apart, that is one lap of the table with 9-10 players. People do "Stall" in poker tournaments. I don't feel like I do it "Excessively", but I will eat a couple of seconds if I need to. The thing about this is there will be nothing you can do about it. Other people do it and I will do it also in certain situations...again...not "Excessively". It was cool to hear the pokerwire episode after the bubble burst on this years main event. Gavin Smith talks about how much torture it was for him. They played like...10-15 hands an hour or something like this. There were close to 800 people left at this time. I play poker by the rules, and I will use an advantage in the clock if I can spot one.

I am bringing the camera also, so we will be uploading pics from the GCP suite during this weekend. Also, we are heading to Tunica for the championship of the circuit event there as Bill and I also have a business meeting there about the site. You guys will see some really exciting things going on with the site in the coming months...stay tunes to http://www.gulfcoastpoker.net/.

"You gotta approach every day as if it's your last!" Heath Ledgers character Skip in "Lords of Dogtown"

No comments: