Wednesday, July 02, 2008

On vacation..."Deliverance" style

Julie and I are on vacation in the mountains of North Carolina. We left this weekend. I am kind of bummed out about not being able to get to the WSOP 08 this year, bur I just spoke to my buddy Fairchild and he and some friends are going up to meet Jason Gladden in Vegas for their first WSOP...from there they are heading into the mountains. I was pretty pumped for them to see the bright lights of the WSOP, and hopefully JasonG will pull out a win so they can get some final table nostalgia.

For our families, we hiked Chimney Rock in North Carolina today and both of us are exhausted. We really got some good exercise, and the views were spectacular. We really enjoyed it. Tomorrow we are going whitewater rafting. I actually have already done the Olympic site at the Ocoee river with the guy mentioned above and a bunch of friends in 05. It was great. I love whitewater rafting.

I booked another winner 2 days before we left at Shorty's. I got in 2 hands that were crucial. I am in the game for $200.00

First hand I can talk about ...30 minutes in I get Ac5c in late position and I call a PF raise of $15.00 from the button along with 4 other donkfish. Flop comes out Jack high with 2 clubs. The guy to my right is the only person at the table I am remotely concerned about as I am seen him around and he plays solid poker. Everyone knuckles to the PF raiser and he fires out $40.00. Now I can lay this hand down every day and twice on Sundays, but all of a sudden...the weak Asian Lady calls as does the guy on my right. Damn...I am priced in. Turn peals off a low brick. Again everyone knuckles and the PF raiser sticks $60.00 out there. Weak Asian Chick calls and guy to my right pitches...I go in the tank and do the math...I am still priced in. If she folds...i fold. I call, and the river bricks. The PF raiser fires again and we both muck...half my first buy-in down. I get it all in 15 or so hands later...Jacks against Queens on a 10 high board...1 buy-in down.

I put $200.00 more on the table as I new I was not leaving with this table. 9 or 10 hands in I get Pocket Kings from the SB. UTG raise to $20.00...(Sccchhhhwwweeeeetttt) I am thinking...but it gets better..."Call"...Call"... Weak Asian Chick..."Call" around to me. "I raise"...and I shove in one of my stacks. The BB says "Call"...original raise pitches as do the rest of the people except the WAC...she calls. We see the flop 3 handed ....Jd7c3d. I immediately shove..."Call"..."Call"....WAC has both of us covered and me and her have a side pot of $85.00. BB tables KhJh and WAC tables 9d6d...turn and river brick...GeneD announces ..."Ship it to the Colonel". An hour later I cashed out where I was in for $400.00 and cashed out for $615.00. Shorty's can be really juicy on the weekends.

"I had my first wet dream in a sleepin' bag" Ned Beatty as Bobby in "Deliverance"

1 comment:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Can we get an interview with Derek Ridley yet? He is tearing it up online. If he can only get his hands to hold up late in tourneys could you imagine the sucess he would have. What did Hellmuth say about if it wasnt for luck?