Saturday, November 08, 2008

IP Poker Classic Day2

Well, its now Saturday at 12:30 am, and since I am here typing on the computer, most of you will figure out that I did not get into the Main Event. Pretty discouraged by it, but I am pretty pumped as Wild bill did get in. He was not a lazy SOB, and he got up this morning @8:30 to get down there to play in the last satellite of the megas at 9am. I did not...did I mention something about lazy SOB's? I only have 10 minutes left in the room so I figured I would throw up a blog while I download the latest pokerroad radio and all strategy.

Damn...Bill just came in to get his stuff on break and he is down to 7000 in chips. We chatted about a couple of hands. He has lots of play left...no worries.

I am not overly happy with my play over the last 3 days. I was in a position in some cash games where I got up quick and became spewey. I played way too many hands, and I was just not happy with my play. I have a long way to go if I think I am going to be making multiple final tables like Monk. Monkey made the final table in the nooner and the 2nd chance event yesterday. We happen to be bullshitting with him when the text message came through that Cub has snapped off another 1st place...I think in Oklahoma. Wow!!

What else...Shout out goes to "Big Dan" from Atlanta. We got to drinking on Thursday night and had a blast. I also got to talk to a local guy here that plays real solid that I have played with on numerous occasions in the Gulf Coast area. I think we were on a final table together several times in some of the daily's down on the coast....Philip whos family owns a sheetmetal business...so I guess I can just call him "Sheetmetal" Phillip? .... anyhow...great guy and a solid player. There was also "MIT Bob, RIP...the usual suspects...although I did not see Bert????

Who else...John from Baton Rouge was playing great making multiple final tables...we hung out with Justin from B.R also...he will rule the poker world once he finishes Medical School...Hopefully he will stake me ;-)...T.K made an appearance for a beer just to check things out last night. I will have to figure out a way to buy those floor seats for a Hornets game. That F'er has 2 season tickets for the Hornets...2 rows up from the floor...right behind the bench. He told me you could hear the interaction with the coaches and players...that is sweeeeeeeet.

oh well...got to check out...hopefully I will get some pics also. Not sure if they are going to let me or not.

No comments: