Friday, November 14, 2008

Random Blog

I wanted to put up a blog this weekend as if you'll have been watching the UIGEA news...you know we are on the fasttrack to getting hosed. If the Obama camp and the rest of the Dem's can get this thing turned around, I may switch party affiliation. I am that pissed off that now that Macain did not win the election, they decide to fasttrack this through the system. That just sucks for us poker players. Join the WPA...Join the PPA...Join anything associated with fighting this bullshit. Call and e-mail your elected officials. Get in their grills and let them know who you are...one of their constituents.

Thanks and a shout out goes out to "Sheetmetal Phillip". He dropped me a line and I could tell he was just as passionate about this nonsense UIGEA bill as Bill and I. I am going to go ahead and post up some links from the e-mail Phil sent me. Below is where I cut and pasted from his e-mail

"There are also links on the PPA website to email your congressman/senators regarding the issue and a phone number to call the federal reserve. I am just trying to do my part to save online poker and protect our rights. Thanks and next time your down this way hollar at me and we can grab a beer

Most recent UIGEA news: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/11/politics/main4594277.shtml
Pocket Fives Thread with Instruction on how to get your voice hear: http://www.pocketfives.com/poker-forums/7/UIGEA-feedback_2C00_-VERY-important-to-make-all-voices-heard-PROMPTLY.--Sticky-please_2E00_-3541538
And of course PPA: http://pokerplayersalliance.org/action-alert/uigea/"



Thanks Phil...Hope to be back down that way soon.

Look for some more updates soon as it looks like we have lots of Gulf Coast Poker Players burning it up. Cub scored a 1st...Gabe is still on fire...shit...dude stays on fire. Tim H just went deep at The Venetian and made it in the top 5...we will get you guys the specifics when we chat with them.

I went out to Harrah's last night and got to see "Juicey". He was dealing a little late. I burned a couple of hundo's in 4 1/2 hours....it sucked. I was not happy with the the way I played but I also got a little unlucky. The night was a roller coaster of ...buying in for $200.00...and let the fun begin. Hmmmmn. Noone here I know that's in our circle when I get there...not even the "bueschewacker". Damn Joe...where ya at? haHaHahaha. 30 minutes in in, I flop 2 pair against a set with no improvements...miraculously I don't stack off there. I continue to just play solid poker and try to get my money in good. The best hand to talk about was a possible Jackpot hand where I missed out on 12k. I raise to $20.00 with KK from OTB and got 2 callers. I only have about $65.00 dollars left. The flop hits AsAh3c. They both knuckle to me and I ship it thinking that I didn't put either one of them on an Ace here. They both call. The turn hits the 4s and they both check but the river brings a sweet Ac. I jump out of my seat thinking..."COME ON...HAVE AN A-J/A-Q/A-K....COME ON". They both knuckle and show nothing...I drag the pot. Oh well...it was close.

My Main Event final table comments...I have 2.
1) the hand that Dennis Phillips played with Ivan where they held A-K vs A-Q right at the onset...was probably one of the worst hands I seen played in quite some time, and I can't believe that Norm Chad took a shot at "The Oracle" there. “Dennis should sue his coaches for malpractice!” WOW...not a good plug for his consulting biz.
2) that sick ass hand where the 6d came on the river for a one outer ...I wanted to smash my laptop and hey...I wasn't even in the hand and I wasn't playing on Stars...sure looked like the "sickass shit" that happens online though. ;-)

As far as my online play this weekend. I continue to get it in good...and get smoked. I know that I am posting up hands in Low Limit MTT's, but when you sit in front of your computer for 4-5 hours and lose like this...it still sucks. I hope to make a step up online soon...I am just still spooked about all the online hi jinks that came out this year.


PokerStars Tournament #119387181, No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $5.00/$0.50
4824 players
Total Prize Pool: $24120.00 Tournament started - 2008/11/15 - 13:00:00 (ET)
Dear GCPGeneD,
You finished the tournament in 341st place.

PokerStars Game #22069228853: Tournament #119387181, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level XIV (800/1600) - 2008/11/15 16:42:23 ETTable '119387181 250' 9-max
Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: johnny1963 (27994 in chips)
Seat 2: goodtymes31 (69855 in chips)
Seat 3: moe86 (19706 in chips)
Seat 4: legalabb (34589 in chips)
Seat 5: BigHandBluff (56678 in chips)
Seat 6: sjemmy (27717 in chips)
Seat 7: FuqpooC (37930 in chips)
Seat 8: GCPGeneD (7377 in chips)
Seat 9: eddie099 (101928 in chips)
johnny1963: posts the ante 150
goodtymes31: posts the ante 150
moe86: posts the ante 150
legalabb: posts the ante 150
BigHandBluff: posts the ante 150
sjemmy: posts the ante 150
FuqpooC: posts the ante 150
GCPGeneD: posts the ante 150
eddie099: posts the ante 150
GCPGeneD: posts small blind 800
eddie099: posts big blind 1600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GCPGeneD [Kh Td]
johnny1963: calls 1600
goodtymes31: calls 1600
moe86: folds
legalabb: folds
BigHandBluff: folds
sjemmy: folds
FuqpooC: folds
GCPGeneD: raises 5627 to 7227 and is all-in
eddie099: folds
johnny1963: folds
goodtymes31: calls 5627
*** FLOP *** [8s 8h 6s]
*** TURN *** [8s 8h 6s] [Ts]
*** RIVER *** [8s 8h 6s Ts] [Qs]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
GCPGeneD: shows [Kh Td] (two pair, Tens and Eights)
goodtymes31: shows [Th Qh] (two pair, Queens and Tens)
goodtymes31 said, "almost 3-1, had to call"
goodtymes31 collected 19004 from pot

--I am not pissed about the call...just pissed that I get it in good and it can't hold up...and on the river...Oh well...One day

I want to end this blog with a call out to everyone who loves poker. Join the PPA...contact your elected officials...get involved!!!.

'Good morning, gentlemen. ACME pollution inspection. We're cleaning up the world, we thought this was a suitable starting point'.
Sean Connery as James "007" Bond in "Diamonds are Forever"

No comments: