Thursday, June 28, 2007

Chalk up another Chop

Played in the Tuesday night tournament at the Goldstrike and I didn't do any good. It was a $50/$10 buy-in. They had about 65 people. I donked off most of my chips with middle pair with KJo. I hit the Jack on the flop when the flop came QsJd4h. We are head up and I am out of position. I bet, and he smooth calls. I check the brick on the turn and so does
he...Hhmm...Intresting. I think he has a Q, but I am not sure. River bricks out and he makes a nice, solid bet of 3 times the pot. I call like an idiot and he is holding AQo. I was a little pissed at myself. I sometimes wonder how I can play so bad. Went to the cash games and got in a tight 2-5nl game. I was in the game as it jumped off. I looked around, and the 1 seat is buying in for $900, the 3 seat for $1200, the 5 seat for $1000, so I say "Damn...looks like we got a poker game" and buy in for $750.00. I play tight most of the night going up to $900...down to $500...back up....etc. I picked up a profit of $65 after 2 1/2 hours. Biggest hand I had. From the button I called a $15 pre-flop bet with Ac8c. We see the flop 3 handed. I flop the nuts. Check...Check...I check. Turn card doesn't pair the board. Check...Check...I bet out $20.00 and get 1 caller. River is harmless ...check...I bet..fold. The monster I had been waiting for and I pick up $55.00 or so...Oh well

Last night I played the Sams Town $80/$25 tournament. I think we had 44 but not sure. Started strong and picked up some good hands. Busted a guy in the third level with Kings when I call his raise pre-flop. Flop is all low card and he bets out again...I raise...He re-raises all in and I call...He shows AQo..."Ship it to the Colonel". I built a nice stack and then I lost half my stack when I miss-played Jd10d to a guy I called this guy "Schleprock" because he looked like that guy Ben Affleck kicked out the room because he had his series 7. Flop comes out 8h9sQc. Great... right? Wrong. He checks and I bet...he smooth calls. Turn is the 10s. He checks and I bet...He calls. River is a harmless 3c. He check raises me all-in. My mind starts racing...If I call I will still have chips, but I won't be a force. I can still push people around with the stack I have...etc. I fold. The guy shows me 1 card...a K. I knew he had J-K. I got rattled and started tilting. I donked off some more chips.

We move to the final table where I am average in chips. The first hand I get pocket 6's...I raise. Schleprock, who is the chip leader, re-raises. I go in the tank, and I have him on a big Ace. I jam .... He calls and turns over big slick. A 6 peals off the flop, and the board pairs on the turn. BAM. I win a few more hands. I am now 2nd in chips and a force to be reckoned with.

We play down to 6, and they start talking chop. They are paying down to 5, and the total prize
pool is 2800. Scleprock is chip leader, and I am second with a little more than 1/2 of his stack.
He says he will chop if he gets $700.00. Everyone is ready and they all look at me. I say, "No way...I am not giving him $700.00". The other 4 are all about even, but the blinds are going up. We play a hand...everybody starts talking chop again...I am silent. Schleprock starts with the table banter with me, "Come on man, look at my stack", "I got more than you "...etc. If he takes $700 we all get $420. Nah...he can do better.

I told him my, "Heads up game was strong" and that I would be, "willing to bet on the side if we wound up heads up". I then propose to the table that he take $600.00 I will consider it, but I want more than $440, and I waited while the bottom 4 guys huddled up. So we chop 6 ways with schleprock getting $600...I took $540...the last 4 took $415.

2 for 3 on the week and will be playing again tonight a 6pm @ The Goldstrike with a $100/$25 F/O with a $5000 guarantee.

"Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with him" Robert DeNiero's character Al Capone in "The Untouchables"

7 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

"Heads up game was strong" and that I would be, "willing to bet on the side if we wound up heads up".

Thats what im taliking about Gened. That guy Scelzlprock sounds like a real tool. I would have denied the chop all the way just to bust that chump. Especially after he won that hand when you flopped the nuts.

I like the webpage. Is that Wild bill in the pic with a spider? i wish you would have used a different picture of yourself Gene.I know that is the one where you won in Vegas but that hat just wont grow on me. I saw that other site that yall have been talking about who stole your domain. Who are they kidding with that coastline picture? Is that Fiji or Hawaii? If thats the Gulfcoast I will let Vanessa Selbst penetrate me with her strap-on.

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

"REGULATORS!!!!!!"

from the movie Young Guns

Bad Beet said...

The beet is playing poker now. Its over for yall fools

deadmoney said...

Gene, Why don't you ever try to win a tournament. How do you know your heads up game is strong if you never play it?

deadmoney said...

I mean shit. It is an $80 tournament and you are trying to get better. Does it really make you better to negotiate yourself an extra $100. Does adding an extra hundred dollars to your "bankroll" really more important than trying to win the tournament. And if you do think you are good enough. How much EV do you really think you are giving away w/ all these pussified chops, honestly? I would really like to hear your opinion on this.

Bad Beet said...

thats some funny shit, beet likes dat

bubble boy said...

gened,deadmoney is right on target, you won't hit it big time chopping these nickel and dime tournaments, hell how do you know your heads up game is strong? Have you ever played heads up or do you just settle for a chop, big tymers in the WSOP don't chop they go for blood
We just soon start calling you "poker playing gene, the world class chopping machine"

As far as that dude kevin, he is claim he did not steal your idea?you need to sort this out