Tuesday, June 19, 2007

ESPN bows to Hellmuth

Can you believe that ESPN has bowed to their "precious media clown" Phil H, and in the process have given him another "mark on his fuselage" as another final table. They decided to force the WSOP to stop play early yesterday in the 28th event which is a $3000 NLH buy-in because they wanted to have PH at their final table. I can't believe...well actually I can believe that Phil would allow this to happen. He will now have an asterisks next to his final table appearances. I hope they knock his butt out in the first hand.

Went play in a "Bar" tournament last night in New Orleans. Pretty rough crowd. I think I could have ran the tourney better, but what can you expect from the New Orleans crowd. It was a $50.00 buy-in with about 20 people in it. I am going to try to post up a MPEG of us at the final table at Binion's. I know...I know...I am sucking this one small 3rd place finish for all its worth, but actually, I just want to see if it post and what it looks like.

What you will see is when we are down to 4 players, there is a sort of introduction where we all introduce ourselves and tell where we are from.

Lets see how it comes out...

Oh well...would not let me

"You said bullshit and experience is all it takes, right? -Right. -Come on in and experience some of my bullshit" Eddie Murphy's character Reggie Hammond in "48 hrs"

5 comments:

deadmoney said...

Gene D, b/f you start posting on the internet about things you really should make sure they are correct first. Hellmuth did not get credit for making his record final table until they got down to 9 handed which they did, so he does now have the record.
I would also like to say that I have been reading this blog for a while now and while Captain Stacks does seem genuine, Bubble Boy who are we kidding, you have to be the most full of shit person I have ever seen right about poker! Have you ever really played poker?

bubble boy said...

hey deadmoney, what's up my friend, yeah i don't know anything about poker, so maybe we can't meet up and maybe you can teach me a thing or two you chump, or smuck, or in poker terms you donkfish.
I would love to play you, where do you play, and what is your limit, i like to travel and i am willing to meet you somewhere and smoke some of your bankroll, if you even have one.

And yes I have met Captainstack a few days ago and yes he is legit, a very nice guy and a good poker player, and i am sure if you ask him, he will say the same.

So before you come on GeneD blog running your piehole about me and my game and telling GeneD about what to post and what not to post, you better check yourself player

And p.s deadmoney, which is a fitting name for you, the word is (write) not right, with your kindergarden ass self

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Simma down now. cant we all get along? First I would like to welcome deadmoney to GeneD's blog. Dead, Gened will be the first to tell you he is not perfect and sometimes makes mistakes and sometimes misinforms us but his heart is gold. As far as bubbleboy goes I can assure you he is a straight shooter. He can be a little rough if you get on his bad side and can be misunderstood (its the same blood that runs thru Chico and Vinny's veins) . But in the brief time that I have known him Id say he is a guy that would give you the shirt off his back.

Hell , I wish you guys could be in Vegas with us right now and see how Bubbleboy rolls. I never thought I would actually hang out with someone I know from a blog. Its crazy i think I got a "brother from another mother" and its all thanks to stumbling across a GeneD blog.At some point and time I think it would be great to all meet, maybe make a yearly social.Or maybe a no holds barred cage match between BB and Deadmoney. That would be fun too.

Gened, I gotta ask what are you doing playing in a $50 20 man event anyway? You go from Vegas to Tunica,then to some rathole to play a crapshoot. Not getting enough action? You are a ranked player and crappy bar tourneys are beneath you. Im serious. These people are fish that are still getting wet and you have nothing to gain in my opinion. It can only hurt your confidence if you dont run them over. I hope your not drinking heavy again.While I like my martinis, I feel like I still handle my game well, drinking and playing fails for most players.Once I cashed in my first major tournament I never looked back, I left those lotlizards, skankfish, and wannabees to battle it out amongst themselves. Unless the bar is paying you for a guest appearance or its for charity, my advice is to steer clear from bar poker.

Well i went too long, had some stories from felt and partying,will get to that later.
Headed to the Red Rock for some cash action. Wish me luck!

Domo arigato MR. ROBOTO.. DOMO. - Styx

bubble boy said...

thanks for the props and the nice comments captainstacks, but i don't feel like I have to prove anything to anybody on this blog, except maybe GeneD since he is the one who got us together on this blogging network.

You are also right about GeneD, stay away from those mom and pop tournaments Gene, don't sink to that level, your game its to good to be swapping poker chips with people who work at burger joints, and are spending half of their weekly check just to enter a $50 tourney at a local bar and pub

Vanessa Selbst said...

Gene great blog.

Check mine out if you have the time.

http://stickathumbinthedyke.blogspot.com/