Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hellmuth and his final table

What a joke that they actually gave PH credit for being at the final table without an asterisks. This is so wrong I don't even now where to start. There is no way of being able to gage whether he would have gotten knocked out 10th ...the night before. Yes...He did not go out tenth the day of the final table which makes it that he did "Make" the final table...with an asterisks. If they would have kept on playing the night before, I am going to name numerous variables that would have caused him to get knocked out on the night "before" the actual final table...if they kept playing

1) Stamina/Tiredness. He may have made a stupid play the night before because he was tired, and we all agree that he was fresh the next day. 2) Different set of playing cards 3) Having a different dealer. The old dealer may have dealt him Kings against his opponents Aces. 4) Different shuffle machine 5) Having to re-draw seats for the final table... the stars and planets re-aligned...numerous variables in the cosmos that will point to the fact that no one will be able to "know" what would have happened if they kept playing to the final 9. The final table ...is the final table...is the final table. I don't believe that they can now say that since he made it past 9 people...this is now considered a "Legitimate Final Table". My thoughts...Yes...he made the final table...with an asterisks.

This is my opinion. Personally, I think he is a great player. I would have loved it if he would have stepped up and said..."No...No...No...we need to keep playing because if I make the final table tomorrow, I don't want any questions". He did not do this. If you do not agree, I would love to hear what everyone else thinks ...in a very calm and civilized verbiage.

I am going to cut and paste a hand from the blog that will explain "How" he continues to do well and move up in tournaments.

(From Kaelaine Minton's blog)
"Blinds are 10k/20k and Phil raised to 40k, a minimum raise. Even I could smell the trap from across the room, but Brett raised enough to put Phil all-in. When action got back to Phil, he made his trademark 'insta-shove' and turned over his pocket Aces -- duh. Brett held 7 4 (I don't make this stuff up, folks). Phil ran over to the stands and got insurance from Phil Ivey, who is watching this final table. If his Aces get cracked, Ivey will pay him $90,000. The board came K J 8 K K and Phil doubled up"

This explains it folks...people play bad against him.

"Fortune and glory kid, fortune and glory" Harrison Fords Character Indiana Jones in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"

6 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

If that is the correct story then you have my vote GeneD. I vote for BIG ASKTERISK *

Eat it Phil!

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Come check out the Captain fellas. Havent had time to post much but a little taste. http://yosamitesam.blogspot.com/

Vanessa Selbst said...

First things first, I'd agree with you Gene but Captainstacks or should I say C.S. does so therefore I don't. Don't diss the Vaness stacks.

GeneD said...

I guess that Vanessa is thinking that C.S and Captainstacks are one in the same? Interesting...

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Wow how did the Vaness find me? Talk about old ghosts.

Nessy still as grumpy as I remember. See , she often squashes her balls when sitting .

Still goin to Indigo Girls concerts?

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

And hey it could be worse Nessy,I ranked you 3rd. Behind Tiffany Williamson and that down syndrome bowler Stillman. Being that you cashed in a womens event this WSOP I might just drop you down as far 7th above Ben Affleck.

I bet you did a ton of bullying that tourney. Do you feel the ladies get intimidated when they hear your big set of keys dangling on your belt?