Friday, September 07, 2007

Nice score at Harrah's

I played in the 1-2 game last night and made a sweet score. I got in the game for $350.00 and cashed out for $1150.00. I hit a 2 outer at one point and then caught Aces twice and Kings once and won all three hands...all of them pretty big. I will outline a couple of hands below

The first time I get Aces...AcAs ...I made it $35.00 to go and got 3 callers. Flop comes out Qs7d3s. I bet out $65.00 and I get one caller. Young kid with the punk rock outfit on. He has only about $200.00 left at this point. The turn brings the 10s. I bet out $75.00 and he jams instantly. Now I go in the tank, and think that I just can't see laying this hand down. The pot is huge and he only has $125.00 left. I also have the Ace of spades...shit...I announce, "I am going to make the worst call I ever made"...and I call. The river brings the Ad. I ask if he has the spades, and he says "Nope" and table Qh10d. Wow...a 2 outer.

The last hand of the night was one to send me out the door. I was actually debating leaving to myself when I looked down at AdKc in the cutoff. There was a raise to $15.00 and there were 2 callers before me. I call and 4 of us see the flop of QdJh10c. Gin!!!!. Everybody folds to me and I bet out $35.00 and got 2 callers...HHmmm...What could they have. Turn brings 3c. Everybody checks to me...I check also thinking, "No club and don't pair the board". The river brings the Qh. Ouch...all three check to me and I start to bet, and then check also. The guy in the 8 seat has Qs10h. That's my key to leave, and I rake up and take off.

Headed to Tunica this week. Bill and I have a business meeting and I plan on putting in lots of time at the tables as well as sweat the Circuit Main Event. I would love to try to get in but I have to work all week while I am there.

"So I was in the Gulf last year, I was doing this thing anyway. And I came up over this dune, and I saw the ocean... and it was on fire. The whole thing, on fire, and it was beautiful. So I just sat there and watched it, and that's when I realized there might be a meaning to life, you know, like an organic power that connects all living things, God, Yahweh, I dunno" John Cusack's character Marty in "Grosse Point Blank"

No comments: