Friday, September 14, 2007

Slow weekend at home

Heading home from Tunica on Friday and had a nightmare trying to get home. The flights were all hosed up, and the line at the Airtran customer service line reminded me of the WSOP this year with hundreds and hundreds of people. When I saw that line I thought for sure I was sleeping in Atlanta.

I got to see the last hand of the $5000.00 event in Tunica Wednesday night. Jordan Morgan was a small favorite in the chips stacks when the following hand came up. I was able to see the cards of Terry Hawkins, and I was behind him the whole time he was in the tank. The flop looked like this 8h9c5c, and I could see that Hawkins had Js10h. Jordan checked ...Hawkins bet out $40,000 and Jordan moves all-in. I was there wondering what i would do, and I know I would have folded. You just had to see how many chips he had left. He had to have over $600,000 in chips as he busted the guy in 3rd. O.K...so if he does the math in his head. Hawkins has 14 outs. 8 on the opened ends and 6 on the three 3 Jacks and Tens. At this point in time Hawkins was a 52% favorite. There was lots of debate at the cash tables after the board bricked out for Jordan to win, but I would have folded...and would fold in the future if I am in that situation again.

Kudos to Norway's Annette 'Annette_15' Obrestad for being the first women to win a Main Event at the WSOP...even though it was in Europe. It was a big win for the females...Congrats

"Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!" Tom Hanks Character Jimmy Dugan in "A league of their own"

No comments: