Thursday, October 11, 2007

3 nights at Harrah's...Tournament lesson

Heading home today after spending several nights playing at Harrah's. I played multiple sessions in between going to work, and booked a winner on a whole. I was able to get a lot of traction on Tuesday night. Joe B. was on the table that night and it was late when I came into the following hand. It was a 1-2nl game. The table was getting pretty loose at this time, and I was in the SB with about $310.00. The UTG player makes it $10.00. I call, as well as several others, with 7s5s. The flop comes down 7d5h2s. I check. The BB makes it $35.00 and the UTG player raises to $85.00. I smooth call. The BB moves all in with only $35.00 more. The UTG player and myself both call. At this point we go from the main pot to the side pot. Turn comes a 4d. This spooks me as the straight is now out there. I check...UTG bets...I raise...he jams all in. I call. This is the point that I love when the person does not want to show his hand. We are all sitting there waiting for someone to show. I say, "I called...what do you have". UTG turns over 7h2h and the BB shows 7c5c. I win the huge side pot and chop the main.

The tournament lesson centers around the Wednesday night tournament last night that we played at Boomtown. Right before the break I won a huge pot that put me 2nd or 3rd chip leader. Bill was already out, so he can also verify my stacks here. I had 2 big stacks of Blacks ($100) and a bigger stack of greens ($25). A stack of blacks is 20 deep...I had 2 full stacks. If we do the math here. I had $550.00 in green chips (TD actually remembers this) and at the minimum ...$4000.00 in Black (20x100=2000 x 2). Some more simple math brings us to $4550.00. I came back to my stack with 5 reds ($500.00) chips and 7 blacks....grand total of $3200.00.

Lesson...ALWAYS COUNT YOUR CHIPS BEFORE YOU WALK AWAY FOR A BREAK!!!!!

"Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy"
Winona Ryder as Suzanne in "Girl...Interrupted"

No comments: