Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hit and run at the Belle of Baton Rouge, Acadiana Poker Classic and Politics

I have been in Baton Rouge for work the past 2 nights, and I booked a winner both nights at the Belle of Baton Rouge. It was good to see all the same faces. It was actually tough to get on a table last night. There is only 4 tables there with 2 running 2-5NL, and 2 running 4-8 limit. I had to wait almost 45 minutes to get to the table, but I ran into my man Dave "Loveshack" Gafford and got to chat and catch up. Loveshack won the main event at the first IP Poker Classic in Biloxi. I have referenced this tournament in previous blogs. Tex came in 8th where his Aces got smoked by Kings that David Robbins held.

I played 2 sessions with both about 2 1/2 hours each session. I had things to do both nights and I could not stay very long. The good thing is ...I walked away with a nice win. $330.00 on Tuesday night and $430.00 on Wednesday. Bad thing thing is...it looked like I did a "Hit and Run". I even heard one of the regular guys there, Gary, say, "Damn...there he is...comes in and has a couple of drinks...chats it up...wins a couple of hundred and he's out the door". Oh well...that's the way it goes sometimes.

You will see somethings up on www.gulfcoastpoker.net about the Acadiana Poker Classic. Last year they had a huge turn out and they are again expecting alot of folks. They have booked the entire Cajun Dome floor. Wild Bill and I are expecting to play.

I finally got to read a book that was not poker related. I am going to show my political roots a little here as I had a chance to listen to Pat Buchanon on Sirius Satellite Radio. He is a little far right for me, but I listened anyway. I went buy his book "State of Emergency". I am halfway thru it, and I recommend any true blue, America loving person, go buy this book and read it...some really scary stuff.

"Gilbert, it's the Burger Barn! It's the Burger Barn, Gilbert, the Burger Barn!" Leonardo DiCaprio's Character Arnie in "Whats eating Gilbert Grape"

No comments: