Monday, October 15, 2007

Pokerstars Blogger tourney, brutal runner-runner session at Harrah's

Played in the Pokerstars online Blogger tourney yesterday with fellow GCP bloggers Wildbill, Austin Martin and The Virge Man. I played bad, and was not happy with my performance. I overplayed several hands, and donked off chips on 2 bad calls where my opponents held Aces both hands. One a positive note Wild Bill played like a champ and scored a 80 gig Ipod. He was at one point the chip leader with over 200 people to go out of over 1000. Great Job Bill!!!!. Now, I just have to show him how to download pokerwire radio ;-).

Played at Harrah'f Friday night for a short session. My wife had to work at a friends restaurant, so I headed over there to play some 1-2nl for a short session. We started a brand new table, so we all started with $200.00. I had decided that I was playing for an hour and that was it. I was going to look at some hands, and hopefully pick up a small score. I am in the 5 seat

Well...my session last exactly 6 hands. One the 2nd hand I have AhQc on the button. Villain in the 9 seat raises to $15.00, and there are 2 callers to me. I call. Flop comes out Jc9h3d. Villain fires out $20.00, and there is a caller to me. I smooth call. Turn is the Qh. Villain fires $35.00, and I am the only one to call. The river brings an Ac. Villain checks, I bet out $30.00...he raises to $60.00. I have him squarely on A-J, so I call...he tables K-10 for the runner-runner straight.

Ok...not how I had anticipated opening this session. 4 hands later I wake up with AcKh. I raise it to $15.00 and get 3 callers. Flop comes Ks4d6s. I ship in the rest of my chips and the lady on the end of the table calls. I am putting her on the flush draw, and sure enough, she tables As6s. The turn and river were the 2 red sixes to send me on my way. WOW...coolers? Just as soon dumped a bucket of ice water on me.

"..."The Suck Zone". It's the point basically when the twister... sucks you up. That's not the technical term for it, obviously" Philip Seymour Hoffman's character dusty in "Twister"

2 comments:

E said...

He made his hand on the turn, same as you, in the first scenario. The ace only improved him to the nuts, unless you were mistaken about the flop.

And Bill can tell you that I made an unsuccessful attempt to push quad 3s off their hand with my top 2 (K,Q) pair up at Turning Stone. Not my finest moment. So don't despair getting your money in good before they come, it's better than getting it in dead.

GeneD said...

Thanks Man...you are right. I am not sure if the flop was correct or not. I just remember at the time thinking "Damn...runner -runner"...
Peace