Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Booked a loser Friday...online poker's future???

I booked a loser last Friday night after being on a nice run the week before. I don't think I played bad, in fact, it really came down to one hand. I called a $15.00 raise from the hi-jack seat with Qd8s along with 3 other players. The flop comes down Qc10d4s. Everyone folds around to me and I fire out a $25.00 bet. Original raiser smooth calls and the rest of the players pitch their cards in the muck. Turn brings the 8c. I fire out $50.00 and the villain goes in the tank, mumbles something about me trying to buy the pot, and then smooth calls again. The river brings the Jc...ouch. Villain fires out $100.00 at me. Damn....now I go in the tank. I can count so many hands that beat me. The flush is out there...the straight just got there...hell, he would have played pocket 10's or Jack's the same way. I called like an idiot and he tabled JhJd...I knew it.

That was it...I went $500.00 deep in the game and pulled out with $365.00.

I am sure that anyone that plays poker and has a computer, a copy of the Super System and an online account now knows about the cheating scandal that has rocked the net. My thoughts...I don't know how I feel about it yet. I am not getting rich playing online. To me it is just a way to kill time and keep my math sharp. I don't like sitting in front of a computer for 8-10 hours a day for anything...except work, and that just about tells it like it is. I work in front of a computer and work for companies that build networks that run the public Internet. I have been asked repeatedly for years about the possibility of this. "Can this be done...Can someone hack into your computer and see your cards"...my standard phrase back came from the smartest computer geek/hacker I know...when it comes to computers, there are no guarantees. There is nothing 100% safe. If you can build a firewall to keep them out, then someone can figure out how to get thru.


"I have been told that the best crackers in the world can do this under 60 minutes but unfortunately I need someone who can do this under 60 seconds" John Travolta's Character Gabriel in "Swordfish"

No comments: