Sunday, May 04, 2008

Booked a small win at Shorty's...weekend online

Stopped in at Shorty's on Friday night and booked a small win. I was not happy with the way I played at all. I got my self in some situations where I was playing too tight, and it cost me money. I missed 2 river value bets where I could have picked up some extra chips, but I just did not pull the trigger. The crowd was all the regulars that are there...Doc...Doc#2...Golf Tom...Jack S.

Bad Play #1:

I am in the game for $200.00. 3rd hand I play. I won the first one to get my stack to about $250.00. I am in mid to late-position with pocket 8's when Doc raises to $35.00 from UTG. He only has about $90.00 left in front of him, and he has that look on his face as he is not happy. Probably had taken a beat before I got there...not sure. There were no callers to me. I put him on A-Big...K-Q-J...and I just didn't want to flip a coin for half my buy-in this early in the session. If I could have gotten some other takers and gotten better percentages on my call, I would have taken the flop. I muck my hand after thinking for several minutes, and don't you know, the button and both blinds join the party. Flop comes out 8c3hKs...perfect flop for mid-set. Doc scared them all out with a pot sized C-Bet, so I did not get to see what he played with. I was kind of pissed, but shook it off.

Bad Play #2 (Missed VB)

Earlier in the session I took down the blinds and antes (7 limpers) with KcKs from the BB. I look down at AcAs from the same position. Golf Tom fires out $15.00 from UTG, and the only guy at the table I was really concerned about the whole session...smooth calls from the button. I decide to make it $50.00 straight to go for a $35.00 raise. Both players call. Flop comes out 8dJd2d. I did not like this flop at all...especially since I did not have the Ad. I knuckle...GT fires out $30.00 and the button calls. Damn...I don't like this at all. I smooth call also. Turn brings the 5s. Tom again fires out $30.00, and I call as we lose the button. River is the 2h...I actually like this card even though it pairs the board. It covers me in case GT has some hand like J-8s. He knuckles after the river, and I knuckle too. I show the aces and he mucks. I think I could have got another $40-50 out of him...I had him on something like Q-J or K-J post-hand.

I played online yesterday and didn't do well at all. Lost 1/4 of my online bankroll. I am now in the $5000.00 Guaranteed on Stars. I just doubled up with A-K. Lets see if I can do something with it....30 minutes later...I just donked off half my stack with a Q-4o from the BB when everyone limped around to me...I tap. Flop hits Q-6-5...I call the guy all the way down and he flopped a set of 6's...pitiful...absolutely a terrible play. The hand that knocked me out...I am the short stack at the table with 12 BB's left and I jammed with A-Js...guy looked me up with 10-10...board bricks and thats a wrap.

Didn't do much this weekend but hang out around the house and do honey-dews. My yard is really looking good, and My tomato plants are on a roill this year. I am really happy with them. Julie and I cooked all day on Saturday as it was raining until about 3pm...amongst other things.

We put a beef roast in the slow cooker and I fired up a pot of white beans with salt meat.

Looks like Wild Bill had a tough night last Friday. I am sure he will pull himself out of the down swing...and Tex...all I can get from Tex is... "text" messages something about him giving a NL Holdem lesson to some pro basketball players...whats up with dat? I hear Joe and Matt are doing well in Sin City. Big Ray is now a "Big Papa"...congrats brother and enjoy that child. My brother in Law (Another Ray) has again taken up online poker and has been running/playing well.


"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences"Emile Hirch as Chris McCandless in the movie "Into the Wild"

1 comment:

Goondingy said...

YO YO!!!! Thanks for the shout out! My baby girl is doing very well...hope to make my return to the felt during the Harrahs circuit event...my fingers are crossed.

Your play on the Aces was not a bad play...I think you got as much from him as you could have gotten. Yet if you think about it if he had the flush why bet it with someone behind him, he probably had a Jack but also a diamond draw and when he copied his flop bet on the turn it was in hopes of hitting that four card flush or second pair. Your instinct to bet out would not have been a bad play...if you would have done that into me I would have put you to the test! YAAAAHHHH!!!

Be cool brother!