Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brief updates...

Been playing some cash games and satellites at the circuit event since the start, but I have not played in any of the events. I am planning on firing a bullet at the event today at noon, and possibly the 7-stud event at 3:00pm if the nooner winds up hating me. I chopped a $65.00 satellite last night to get my buy-in for the nooner today.

I got to watch the final table of the first event a couple of days ago, and I am amazed at Cubs play. That guy is on fire. I got to chat yesterday with Gabe Costner, and he told me that they booked a trip to Vegas recently and Cub ran good the whole time they were there too. The guy is a machine, and I thought he was going to chew up Dr. Del. Actually, I am a patient of Dr. Del's. He has worked on me several times in my lifetime...a great guy and a world class Orthopedic Surgeon...and it looks like a solid poker player.

We also had another local regular player get 2nd in another event. Teddy Trosclair from Thibodaux picked up around 20 large for getting 2nd place. I saw JoJo and him last night in the tournament room. Congrats to Teddy and Dr. Del...hopefully the cajun contingent will keep pushing forward.

Cash game highlights...Not many...got in a 2-5nl game with a several good players. Antonio Esfandari's little brother Pasha aka "Paul" was the LWAG player in the game. He was raising with any Ace to $30-$40, and was calling and raising on all draws. He bet his draws and bet them high. I was playing tight looking for a spot to double up. He had already doubled -up several players and then snapped off Tom "Spoonman" Witherspoon when he called a solid pre-flop raise with 8-6o. Spoon had pocket K's but Paul turned the straight.

I was in the game for $250.00 and was at about $330.00 when the following hand came up. I am in late position with 10h-10s. Paul makes it $40.00 to go, and I call...as does Spoon. That worried me right there. I did not like that Spoon called here also. Flop hits 9s5s2s. Paul instantly moves $130.00 into the pot. I go in the tank and think..."lets see...I have him solidly on Ace-big...the question is does he have a spade. If he has no spade I am probably 70-30. If he does, I think it will be a coin flip. He will have 6 overs and all the spades. There is no fold equity...it is fold or Jam"...I jam...he insta-calls with AhKs....Great...Turn is the Qd...that puts me at 60-40...Kd on the flop and thats one buy-in down.

I was not happy with the hand...I think I could have found a better place to get my money in.

Heading to Harrahs...

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley" Jamie Foxx as Sgt Siek in "Jarhead"

3 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

why on earth would you not wanna get your money in with best hand. You need to stay home and play scrabble if you think you should throw the best hand away.

"Right turn Clyde!"
Philo Beddoe. Clint Eastwood to orangatangue in Every Which WAy But Loose

C.S. said...

Ssstacks you're back!

C.S. said...

I think Gene is more than happy to get it in with the best hand. Does wear on you when they don't hold up.