Thursday, April 12, 2007

Harrah's sit n go's

I have been playing at Harrah's the last couple of nights as I have been trying to win a seat into the $5000.00 main event in May. That is when the circuit event is scheduled to be back in New Orleans. Tuesday night they gave away 10 free seats to play in the sngs every other hour. This got you into a $65.00 sng. If you won that, then you would be tee'd up to play in the Sunday $500.00 buy-in satellite event. Wild Bill and I happen to both be called for the 7pm drawing and got to play on the same table. I wound up playing in 3 all together and Bill played in 4. I played cash in between the sng's. I went down $500.00 and buckled down...grinded it out...and was able to leave a $45.00 winner. I consider that a win.

I heard the structure of the $500.00 Sunday event stinks. Something like $1000.00 in chips and the blinds go up every 20 min. That sucks.

Hope to get pumped up for the circuit event in New Orleans in May. I would love to get in the $5000.00 event. I am going to try to sell some of myself to see if I can get up enough money to play. I am going to hit up my boss for at least $1000.00. I have to get in the Main Event...and I have to make it happen...No excuses...I have to start playing in bigger tournaments if I am going to get my game up where it belongs.

"First prize is a new car. Second prize . . .a set of steak knives. Third prizes is... you're fired"
Alec Baldwin's character "Blake" in Glengarry Glen Ross

No comments: