Thursday, October 04, 2007

Randon post

Not much going on the GeneD world the past couple of days. Goondingy has a guy that is looking to cut us a deal on some t-shirts for the site, and Harrah's in New Orleans was giving away free nights at there new bad ass hotel to poker players. Wild Bill, Tex and JoeB all scored some last week after doing ...like a 28 hour session. I was able to score 3 nights this Mon/Tues/Wed, so I should have lots to post about early next week.

Signed up to play in the Pokerstars Blogger Championship as you can see by the logo on my front page. Seems like it is going to be pretty cool. $40,000 worth of cash and prizes. I have been playing more online since I have been talking to Lusky and Eddie more. I have to get Poker Tracker and really start to buckle down and take it from the ground up like Lusky. I just find it hard to start in the $0.25/$0.50 range when I actively play in 1-2 and 2-5 NL in the live games. I just think it is the right thing to do, and I have to put myself there to really get a hold of my online Bankroll...which is not much. I just have to evolve from here. From low limits on up.

We picked up another sponsor on the site www.gulfcoastpoker.net. We have also been changing things around. Please go thru the site to get to our blogs if you can. We have a tracking system in place, and we are consistently seeing the hits go up...and up. If anyone would be interested in joining us, please let Bill and I know. We are just looking for plain, everyday folks that take the game seriously with a modest Bankroll, but who shot for the stars. We just feel that there are so many people in that demographic out there that it will keep the site interesting.

Played at The Belle in Baton Rouge last night in the 2-5nl game they had going, and booked a solid win for the night. I got into several questionable situations in some hands where there was some disagreements of sort. I won a huge pot early when I bet out $40.00 from the hi-jack seat with KcKs, and got four caller in the early position seats. The flop comes out 9d6d2s. There is this middle eastern guy in the 6 seat that has a huge stack, and he is the only one that stays with me when I bet out $85.00. The turn brings the Kd. He check raises me all-in and I go in the tank. I only have $125.00 left. I am thinking he may have the flush already made, but I also could see him with a hand like K-9. He also could be on a bluff...I don't know. I just think I am priced in. Finally, I say, "I just can't see laying this hand down". They called the floor on me to make a decision, and I say, "If you have the flush, then I have outs..ok...I call". He turns over 3d6d for the made flush, and the 2d come on the river to boat me up..."Ship it to the Colonel"

We start jawing at each other about the play, and he just can't believe that I made that call. He is "ranting and raving" about how he is going to bust me and I play like a donkfish, and I just sit there and laugh and let him go. Finally, he calms down. I say, "Tell you what Scooter. All these chips are here for the taking, so just come get them. I can tell you one thing though, you don't have a chance of getting them making $40.00 calls pre-flop with a 3 and 6...let me guess...they were suited". When laughter broke out and everyone that knew how to play agreed with me ...he shut-up.

Now there is a guy named Damien that I respect that plays well in the 1 seat and I seat and I am in the 2 seat. We had a hand that we dis-agreed on. I had QsQd in the BB and there is a straddled, limped pot to the Middle-Eastern guy, that is pumped back up with chips, and he makes it $20.00. An older fellow on the button raises to $65.00. I smooth call and the ME guy calls. Flop comes Ks7h4d. I check...ME guys makes it $100.00, and the older fellow folds. I fold my queens face up, and the ME guy shows KcQs. I thought I lost the minimum amount in the hand, but Damien thought I should have went for it pre-flop...any thoughts?

Just trying to see what you guys think. I am trying to bring my game to that next level.

"The Earth is moving. Did you feel that? Everything. All the time. Dimensions we can't even see. Everything is evolving" Val Kilmer as the Sherpa on "Entourage"

2 comments:

Goondingy said...

I like the smooth call to the raise and re-raise. Why make a push at a very loose aggressive table. You saw the flop for a good price and missed. The worst hand got lucky and you lost the miniumum amount. I like the play. If it was a different table and the re-raiser was a looser player, maybe at this time you put him to a decision by either pushing all in or going three times his bet. Again, nice play.

Kevin G. said...

I think your play was fine. IMO, your read on the re-raiser is most important.

It sounds like the M.E. was just spewing chips around the table all night. So he could have a wide range to make the initial raise.

If the re-raiser is tight, you're in a tough spot and play it exactly like you did.

If you feel like the re-raiser is LAG and trying to make a play on the M.E. guy with something like A10s, AJ,AQ, or 88-1010, you have good equity to push.

That should get it heads up and get rid of the straddler and the M.E. guy (who likes to play almost any two).

The flop is obviously a disaster. Why does an over card ALWAYS seem to flop?!

KG