Monday, June 16, 2008

The dream is over...

Thats a wrap people...I shot my wad last night for the chance to get into the WSOP Main Event this year in the $370.00 Super/Mega on Stars yesterday. That's what our boy Tex says every time that a circuit event comes to a close..."The dream is over...back to reality". I think we all have those types of dream. If you are reading this blog I would say that you have dreamed that dream. Mine played out like this...I had been grinding it out in LLMTTs for several months now trying to get my online bankroll up to where I could take a shot at the ME Sats and not sweat it...Bam, I get 2nd place in a $12.00 180 person MTT for $400.00. Its easy now, I just have to parlay that win into playing in the $370.00 super/mega on Stars...fade everyone except 226 people and Bam...GeneD and wife are packing their bags for a shot at the title.

We play up into the final table and come November...It happens....Move over Moneymaker!!! GeneD wins the bracelet and becomes a Pokerstars Champion...and multi-millionaire. From there, I buy a huge greyhound touring van and me and my crew (You know who you are) hit the road to dominate the poker world....Yea...that all came to an end last night with another bust out in donk like fashion. The same hand that busted me in the IP main event was my undoing here also...AK vs QQ. That is such a hard hand to play...but yet its so easy. UUHGGG

Yea...Tex has had this dream as did Ruttley and many others...Paul S...Mr. Mitch L. Everyone who has played in a Main Event where there is high/mid six digit prizes.

Oh well...its over and like TJ Cloutier says..."Everyday I wake up is a new day...I don't give a crap about what happened yesterday or last week...today I am going to play my best". (GeneD starts to drift)...That would have been sweet though...parlayed $12.00 into millions and got to be famous...for....those...3 ...months" STOP!!!!! quit thinking about it.

I started work off great today and was talking to my wife. She starting telling me about what was going on at the store...when...(GeneD starts to gaze)..."Damn...I made it past over half the field of over 7000...all I had to do was fade about 3000 more people"...

I am sitting at the table listening to the RVP in our 9:00am sales meeting and we are talking sales strategies when..."All I had to do was lay it down...Fold...its only 2 cards"...Oh well...Shake it off.

I have not been blogging the last week as I got trapped in the blogger quagmire of starting a blog...getting halfway through it and saving what you wrote so you can finish it later. You log back in 3 days later and read what you wrote and it is one of several things...1) Outdated 2) Doesn't seem interesting anymore 3) cooler things have happened to you since this....etc...and I start over from scratch.

OK...whats going on?...Bill and I are hoping to get some more bloggers soon. We are really getting lots of traffic and we are getting lots of e-mails from folks who are really enjoying the perspective of "Regular Joe" Semi-Pros thoughts on hands ranging from tournaments to cash play. Again...we want people to relate to the site. We are not ballers...by no means. We are everyday grinders handing out information and documenting our trials and tribulations...from the best cash session and tournament tale ...to the sickest bad beats. We hope you'll enjoy the content, and if so, do like countless others and drop us an e-mail and let us know.

-Special Thanks out to Monkey for the interview...we will be hitting more of you up soon. Don't dodge us ;-)

-Also good luck to all the Gulf Coast Players at the WSOP...Gabe and Claudia, TK, Allie Prescott from Memphis, Cub, Jason Gladden...and all who are there or heading there and giving it hell

-I think Wild Bill has been traveling. I haven't heard from him in a week...Maybe I should post up another pic of him to see if he surfaces ;-)
-We will also be adding people to the Gulf Coast Poker "Who's Who" section...Some of you don;t think I have pics of you ...but wait
-Beau Rivage Tourney coming up next month
-Shout out to Compton from FTF who is staying with Lusky and Virge...Congrats...Bounced back after a sick assss AA vs KK suck-out on the bubble in a Deep Stack Event at the Venetian to get right back in the cheese in several other tourneys...including snapping off a $150.00 daily at Ceasers

-Shout out to all the FTF'ers that support the site and read our blogs...THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT...for those of you that don't ...at least "Lurk" at FTF...our official forum for GCP.Net...go there now!!!!!

-OK...OK.... heres the url for you lazy F''ers http://www.fulltiltforum.com/.

"Men Plan....and God Laughs" NBC- Title of an episode in hit show ER. Episode 22/Season 1

4 comments:

Goondingy said...

The dream is never over...just gotta go at it a different way!

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Thats right Gene. Its never over!! Keep up these strong performances and you will eventually attract some financial backing. Yours truly is keeping an eye on you.

Off topic a sec. I gotta admit I never thought i would hear of Vanessa Selbst again. She must have game after all. She just rubs me the wrong way. Not trying to be mean but she gives me the same chills up my spine as "Quack Quack" yall know the guy who looks like Phantom of the Opera. Its not that I have a big problem with alternative lifestyles.I just prefer Lipstick Lesbians that dont wear underwear with dick holes in them.

Reid said...

Mean Gene....the dream is just on hold....no sweat, right?

C.S. said...

Quack Quack... phantom of the opera. Took me a sec. He invented the concept of M. It is said he named it so because he had a thing for George Lazenby and Timothy Dalton.