Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sunday night at Shorty's

I was heading to Lafayette on Sunday and took a chance and called the poker room at Shorty's and surprisingly, Someone answered...Scchweeeeet. "You guys have a game going? When did you'll open back up" ...and she answers, "Yes...we have two 3/6/12 games and 1 5/5nl with 6 on the list". ALRIGHT...Poker is back on the Gulf Coast!!! I put my name on the list and ask who is in the game and I get a line-up that seemed promising. I have been calling for several days only to RNA's (Ring No Answer to you none telecom types)?? I would think that they would at least have a VM or something letting people know when they would be opening. I get there and have to wait about 20 minutes for a seat and witness a massive cooler the hand before I sat down. It was an $1800.00 dollar pot with boat over boat. The action as I remembered was 3 handed and there was a small raise pf and the board hits Ah-7c-Qh. Player 1 leads out with a nice bet and is popped by player 2 with a big bet up to over $200.00 ....and player 3 calls with the rest of the $180.00 in front of him which puts him all in. Now I am talking to the guy next to me and we see the turn...BAM...Qc. I knew this card was trouble. P1 makes a huge bet and P2 jams...P1 calls. Now I immediately tell the guy to my left...I pointed to P1 and said, "He has A-Q"...Pointed to P2 "He’s got pocket 7's" and "The short stack third in has a flush draw". P3 had to be on the flush draw as he would have been priced in. The river bricks and they turn up there hands...P1 has A-Q as well as P2 having Pocket7's...but your boy as P3 has Big Slick...WTF!!!! OK...Post flop P1 puts out a nice pot sized bet...and P2 pops it to over 2 hundos???? Your top pair-top kicker is good there?...I don't know...I was floored.

So I sit down with $300.00 and greet everyone. There is one person in the game that is really good for the game, and everyone at the table knows who this person is. They will donate money and call anything down. This person will draw to gutter balls, and will pay off some hands...and they have alot of money and have been known to go off for 2k-4k on numerous occasions. The first hand I get in there are 7 limpers and I look down at Ah7h from the button and call. The flop snaps out with 3h-6c-5h with 2 hearts. Everyone knuckles around to me and I bet out $20.00...the only caller is the donator. Turn hits 2h. Now that’s my bingo card because if they have a straight, I am going to double up on my first hand...no way he/she will fold a straight...never...not happening. Donator knuckles and I bet out $45.00...and get a smooth. River random brick and I am hoping that a straight or flush was made. I bet out $60.00...fold. DAMN!!!. Oh well...picked up around a hundred the first hand. I settle in and start bullshitting with Jack and Cody.

The next hand I want to talk about is almost identical to the first. Small pf raise with 5 callers. Same person, and they have me covered. I am up to about $435.00 at this point when I look down at pocket 5’s. Flop hits 10h5hJd. Everyone taps around to me and I fire out $30.00…everyone pitches except the donator smoothes. Turn brings the 10c…Check to me…I fire out $45.00…smoothes. river puts the 3 hearts out there. I think, yes…they hit the flush. I go to value town and push out a stack of redbirds to make it a hundo to go…fully expecting to get popped back. NOPE…the cards hit the muck.

I felt I played a perfect session until the 2nd to last hand of the night. I was hovering around $500.00, and I had decided that as soon as I finish my UTG hand on this revolution…I am heading out. I am UTG+1 and I look down at JcJh. There were 7 limpers. Flop hits the board 10c7d4h. I go in the tank for a sec and fire out $65.00 to try to take it down now. Everybody folds but Mrs. Lorna. Damn…I did not like this. Turn card hits the 8c. Now I am in a bind and I know it. I tap the table and she announces “all in”…Yea…Yea…I knew that was coming. Played a solid session for a small win and got haunted by that one hand on my drive to New Iberia. I couldn’t believe I made that mistake…Oh well.

Overall I played a good session. Booked a small winner as I cashed out with $440.00. I plan on heading back there tonight for the Wednesday Night fireworks.

Notables:
-Please check out our transplanted Cajun Lusky’s Vids here. http://www.screencast.com/users/stevenlawrence/folders/Default/media/4e9e57aa-90b1-4f76-be45-51cbcd9b3c4c
-DirteAA (Aka Poker Eddie) has one also on Virge’s screencast account. Eddie was transplanted to be a cajun …but he moved on to Tennessee. http://www.screencast.com/users/stevenlawrence/folders/Default/media/c61b7af9-7d75-4f4d-a2dd-150de90f77aa (Not sure if he has sound though)
-Good to see “LetsPoker” Martin back in the “Grease”…Where ya at Goondingy? We miss-ya.
-Will be adding several more semi-pro bloggers soon to the site.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players
~ William Shakespeare ~

No comments: