Sunday, November 02, 2008

Poker stuff...and the 200k Gaurantee on Stars

Decided to throw up a quick blog while I grind out the 200k guarantee on Stars. This will either be a short blog or a verrrryyyy long blog depending on how I run...or play. I snapped off 2 small SNG's last night and then played in a satellite with FPP points to free-roll into the 200k-G. I won that and then watched "Red Dawn" last night in reference to the upcoming election. I am kind of curious how the election will go Tues as I predict a McCain victory...How will the people respond when this happens...we will see. We are officially 3 min to kickoff and there are....uhhh...only 20,000 people in the tourney. Thats all....just 20k...Yeeeaaaaaaaa. I will try to put all my tourney comments in italics...first place is 23k

Congrats out to Monkey for snapping off the Halloween event at the IP. We don't know how much he won as we are not getting any updates from the IP's Media Partner. We don't know who that is but we havent been getting the updates like we did for the last IP Classic...I will talk about that later. I thought it was pretty cool that Monkey could find a Monkey/Gorilla suit to take his winning pic in. Again...way to go Monk!!!

Bill and I chatted about the win last night, and we were both ...kind of jealous that our schedules are not allowing us to get out to play...and miffed that we were not there to sweat/cheer Monkey on...as well as indulge in some snappers. 200k update...went up to $3200...back down to $2900. Nothing big...table kind of tight....I thought this would start as a jam fest. For some reason..My GCP avater is not showing either(In my best TeddyKGB voice) ..."I feel so...Unsatisfied"

Back to the IP. We swapped some emails with Ronnie and Jim about what could we do help advertise the tournament. We were told they already had a media outlet handling the tournament, and we understood that. We went back to them hoping that we could work out some way to work together were they could advertise on the site. We have been trying to get to the lady at the IP that handles the advertising for some time now....but she would'nt return our calls. First level over...I am at $3000. The reason I am saying this is because of all the e-mails we have received from our readers saying, "There is a tourney going on at the IP...Did you guys know that?...if I had known about it...I would have went". So...all of you who sent Bill and I e-mails wondering why we did not tell you about/have a story on/banner up...Yes...we did know there was a tournament at the IP...We are going to it...We did have a story on it several months ago. Down to $2500. Since Bill and I were planning on going and playing in the tournament...all we really asked for was a room comped so Bill and I could stay. Oh well...Hopefully they will work with us in the future...who knows.

Our plans are to head there this Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun and try to get in the ME...which is Sat. I was talking to someone to stake me but it fell through. I think Bill has a line on a stake also. Hope to see some of you there. Blinds now at 75-150...I am at $3500.

What else is happening...Oh yea...I pulled a small live session at Shorty's Thurs night when I was coming back from work. I was driving home from Lafayette, and I decided to stick my head in to see who was there and what was happening. Watching "Crimson Tide" now...one of my favorite shows... The game was just jumping off 8 handed, and I grabbed $200.00 and grabbed the 4 seat as the tiltin Texan was in the 3 seat. Played for about 2 1/2 hours and cashed out with $325.00...Now at 4k in 200k...The thing that Tex and I both notices was the terrible play at the table. There was a guy in the 1 and 5 seat both had 1k in front of them...and I watched both them make blatant errors and mis-plays ...blinds at 100-200...I now have 3.5k...I have had AA once...thats it.

Waiting to see the blogs from Wild Bill and Goondingy. I know they both went out to Harrahs last night. I also think Southpaw Rounder was out there also. I think Dave and Bill were at the same table....Just broke 7k...got AQ and flopped 2 queens...I hope that they had some good stuff to talk about. We are on our first 5 min break...I am at 6.7k...blinds going up... avg chip count is 5.6k....we are down to 13k players.

Will be in Baton Rouge Mon and Tues night. Will probably head on over the the Belle and fire a couple of bullets. Anyone in that area give me a shout. Can't wait to get back i some tournaments
though. I see that Juicey has put the Harrahs structure up...Blinds going up...Im down to 5.4k...avd 6.7..I have A-Qo ...won it. Just got a double up now at 11.5k...We are now down to below 10k in players.

We are now on the 2nd 5 min break...I have 11.3 k...avg stack is 17k...blinds are at 600-1200-125...we are 100 or so from the money.

What else is happening... "Crimson Tide" is over and now I am watching "Romeo and Juliet". I kind of like the way they did that movie myself. Based in a sub-real world of a made up California...where they used pistols instead of swords and they were still able to keep the Shakespearean dialogue. Although, the part about Mercutio being a cross-dresser is kind of creepy.

We are now...literally...on the bubble 3882 are payes and we have been H4H a 3883. They dropped like flies until one off the bubble...hilarious. "BUUBLE HAS BUSTED"...I cashed. Get this structure. 1428th -3882st gets $23.55 now...361st-thru 1427th gets $23.56...one penny more HaHaHa
so the next pay jump is at 360th up to $44.11. I am now up to 20k...doubled up with QQ vs A-9
blinds are up to 1k-2k...I need to make some moves...2k players left out of 23k.

OK guys....I am so pissed off right now I am going to cut and paste the last hand history...post it up...and thats a wrap. There were 2 people at the table who wrote "OMG" in the chat box
right now the avg is 43k

PokerStars Game #21709528770: Tournament #116550520, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level XVI (1500/3000) - 2008/11/02 18:19:06 ETTable '116550520 1232' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Jacks050777 (57625 in chips)
Seat 2: Money929 (45791 in chips)
Seat 3: Birne2006 (7017 in chips)
Seat 4: dkeif88 (9305 in chips)
Seat 5: joeyboysix (21576 in chips)
Seat 6: soze007 (40778 in chips)
Seat 7: GCPGeneD (38795 in chips)
Seat 9: Almar_zelf (33142 in chips)
Jacks050777: posts the ante 300
Money929: posts the ante 300
Birne2006: posts the ante 300
dkeif88: posts the ante 300
joeyboysix: posts the ante 300
soze007: posts the ante 300
GCPGeneD: posts the ante 300
Almar_zelf: posts the ante 300
GCPGeneD: posts small blind 1500
Almar_zelf: posts big blind 3000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GCPGeneD [Ac As]
KevinThorn is connected
Jacks050777: raises 54325 to 57325 and is all-in
Money929: folds
Birne2006: folds
dkeif88: folds
joeyboysix: folds
soze007: folds
GCPGeneD: calls 36995 and is all-in
Almar_zelf: folds
Uncalled bet (18830) returned to Jacks050777
*** FLOP *** [Ah 4h 2d]
soze007 said, "lol"
*** TURN *** [Ah 4h 2d] [Kh]
*** RIVER *** [Ah 4h 2d Kh] [3h]
*** SHOW DOWN
***GCPGeneD: shows [Ac As] (three of a kind, Aces)
Jacks050777: shows [9s 9h] (a flush, Ace high)
soze007 said, "omg"
Money929 said, "omg"
Jacks050777 collected 82390 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 82390 Rake 0
Board [Ah 4h 2d Kh 3h]
Seat 1: Jacks050777 showed [9s 9h] and won (82390) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 2: Money929 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Birne2006 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: dkeif88 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: joeyboysix folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: soze007 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: GCPGeneD (small blind) showed [Ac As] and lost with three of a kind, Aces
Seat 9: Almar_zelf (big blind) folded before Flop

Thats a wrap people....3 1/2 hours wasted to get coolered...I swear I hate this game

"My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me that I must love a loathed enemy" Claire Daines as Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet"

1 comment:

C.S. said...

Brutal.

Hopefully your luck will hold at the IP. Early returns are they are holding a great event and are very customer friendly. Kudos to Jim and Ronnie for another job well done. We look forward to getting up there this week and playing some hands.

-Wild Bill