Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Post --Southern Poker Championship

I am in Destin, FL on a 2009 Sales Kickoff meeting at Sandestin. I am really enjoying my new job, but it has been cutting in on my poker playing. Bill and I made it to the Beau for 3 of the Main Event days. I played mostly cash as the 2nd chance tournaments were ending pass 3-4am...some longer. I was able to book a winner over the two days...Then I got sick. Sinus Infection...Oh it sucked!!!. I was sick...but not running fever/flu like sick...just my sinuses. Well for everyone that has played in that cash game where there is the person there with the handkerchief that keeps on sneezing...runny nose...getting germs all over the cards and chips...you guys remember those people? That was knuckle head GeneD. I felt like such an ass.

I actually got it from a good source that Tyler Smith was coming down with a bug on day 2. He thought about going to the doctor/hospital to get a shot...but he started to feel better. Well, I didn't start to feel better. I had to go to the Doctor and got a shot and a Z-Pac...all is good. Of course, the Doctor was kind of cocky, but hey...most Doctors are.

I played last night in the IP nightly as they did not have a tourney at the Beau. There were 3 tables and the blinds got to 200-400 and I had $4100.00 in chips (10 BB's) out of $5000.00...and run Kings into Aces...See ya. I was able to get in a good cash game last night at the Beau though. I got in a 1-2nl game with $250.00 and cashed in at $435.00. I heard last night that Tunica is PACKED...not a hotel room to be had. Thats kind of strange since last year they had such a low turn-out.

What else is up?...Oh yea...Bill, "Sheet Metal" Phillip and I ate dinner together one night and talked poker afterwards...I really enjoyed our conversation. We talked poker for almost an hour after we stopped eating.

Pokerroad radio...I listened to the 5 episodes they had while at the PCA and I have a couple of comments:

-I got to listen to the episode on the previous tournament where they interviewed Ali Nijad as the guest...I kind of like him a little more since I heard the interview. The guy has come up through the "Grind", and overcame some personal tragedies. I was pretty impressed with guy. I guess I was so use to the other host...and he came on so strong at first...I don't know. ANYHOW...Ali gets a thumbs up!!

-I am also very impressed with Cort Harrington and Jimmy "Gobboboy" Fricke. They seem to be the "Even Keel" of the show that keep Gavin/JoeS/Ali in check. Neither drinks or parties and all of their commentary/hand analysis is spot on... good stuff.

I am heading to Vegas on Feb 2nd to play in the opening days of the Venetian Deep Stack...probably 3 Deep Stack events. I will be staked in these events, and I am really looking forward to going. I hope I can win my backer some money.

Online...I am still trying to get my new PC up and running with all my software...I hate Microsoft Vista...Oh well...

"I have an M.D. from Harvard, I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery, I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trama from postoperative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, ...Dennis..., and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God" Alec Baldwin as Jed in "Malice"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog, thanks for sharing.



***************************
$$Win Cash in 60 Seconds$$

***************************