Thursday, April 16, 2009

Poker Babble ...Strikeforce MMA

Plan on playing at the Beau in their nightly tourney tonight to break back into some live tournament play. I had a less than stellar weekend online last weekend. I got knocked out of tourneys with AK...4 times. I ran AK into AA...twice with around 10-12 BBs both times....lost with AK vs KQ twice in huge pots. Oh well...Lets see if things turn around this weekend.

I went to the Belle Of BR last week, but did not get in the game. The traffic was absolutely horrendous (Feel sorry for the BR natives). I was worried about them not having 2 tables going with the traffic so bad...and they didn't...Great. I was 6th on the list and they were not going to open another table because they didn't have dealers. I sat around and bullshitted with Spoonman (or more or less listened) for 30 min. The game was also pretty tough...several good players with big stacks ...I can find better spots so I bolted.

I have a question for the BR players...Doesn't it freak you'll out when you walk down the plank to the boat and walk in and your on the 1st floor and not the 2nd where the poker room...well...the poker tables are? (I wouldn't call this a poker "Room") Depending on how high the Missssssssissippi is...depends on what floor the plank drops you on. I think the guards actually get a kick out of people walking in...and then looking around in a daze.

My wife and I watched the Showtime MMA show "Strikeforce" last weekend as I am a big MMA fan, and I also follow Nick Diaz who was fighting in the M.E. against Frank Shamrock. Man...FullTilt had their logo...everywhere. I mean when they interviewing a fighter post fight...there was a guy standing behind him holding up a Fulltilt Hat in the background. I was somewhat aware of the synergies between the 2 sports, and have heard about the faceoff with UB and Fulltilt over the contract to advertise on UFC. I heard that UB won that round, but Fulltilt is definitely in bed with this new "Strikeforce"...I mean...Nick Diaz had a 4" x 8" FTP logo...ACROSS HIS PACKAGE!!!! I was a little taken aback by this...I mean...I would think that there would be more valuable/suitable spots on fighting shorts to advertise than right across your package...Maybe across the lower back (Sort of like a tramp stamp but lower)...down the sides...I don't know...maybe its just me.

Lots of good stuff happening with the site...we zeroed in on a new logo (Thanks to Parf and SPR!!!) ...we plan on rolling out some gear also.

"You want to compare brainpans? I won the Westinghouse prize when I was 12, big deal. Published at 19, so what. I got a double doctorate from MIT at 22, chemistry and geology. I taught at Princeton for two and a half years... Why do I do this you ask? Because the money's good, the scenery changes... and they let me use explosives, ok?"
Steve Buscemi as Rockhound in "Armageddon"

No comments: