Wednesday, November 23, 2011

IP Poker Classic take 2...

Alright people...this is the 2nd installment from the IP Poker classic.

I am currently in Jacksonville, FL trying to win my way in the $3500 WPT event that is going on right now. I have been here for 4 days and I miss my family something awful. I have played several events and got no traction, but I am definitely having fun.

I am going to kind of bullet point a few things as 4 days of poker here in Jacksonville have it all kind of hazy...I might not remember many hands from IP...etc

I want to congratulate Chet Pickernell for the 1st place finish in the $1k...It was a tough heads up battle and he won. I think the ring might have meant a little more to me than him, but hey...he capped it off and took it down.

I happen to get at multiple final tables with a Father/Son combo from Atlanta also...in the turbo event In Marvin McCord who is a pharmacist in Atlanta...and in the $1k I had his son Ezre "Clay" McCord who played really well...It was a real pleasure meeting these guys and their both solid players

I also had Edward "Fix" Corrado at the table and was happy to see him leave...he was by far the best player left at the table.

Who else are some nice people I got to meet...Chris Tryba was one...Steve Giddings from Ruston, La who went out 4th in the 2 day event...then he had the pleasure for seeing me "Punch Drunk" after I got knocked walking around not able to speak...just trying to process that I just won $13.5k...but lost about $15k and I was close to the gold ring the 1st time.

Another solid shout goes out to Benton Blakeman who let me crash at his appt in between the 2 days for the 2 day event. Benton and I go back a long way right when poker became popular...actually before Moneymaker. He had been blogging on the site recently and he and I stayed up for several hours talking poker...poker strategy...poker dynamics....etc...just the whole deal ...and after the success that I had after that day/night of us hanging out together...I cant wait to hand out with Benton again LOL...definitely a good luck charm

Kudos and thanks goes out to William "Wild Bill" Phillips...he was a Telecom co-worker that liked to play poker and we talked about this idea I had "bouncing around" in my head about creating a "Localized Poker Site" geared around the gulf coast...that was 5-6 years ago and we are right where we need to be both with the site www.gulfcoastpoker.net ...and personally in our lives with both of us taking care of a family...Bill...you rock brother.

I am sure I will come up with some more stories and names a little later...see ya until then

"A Lannister always pays his debts" Peter Dinkledge as Tyrion Lannister in "Game of Thrones"

No comments: