Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Keeping it simple...Stupid

I have decided to sit out a couple of days and re-read Harrington's blue book and do some soul searching. I have been discussing my play with my wife and she has given me some great advice. It is all about "My Emotions". I need to be able to control my emotions better at the table. I have gotten past the, what by buddy Ray calls "the God Compex", of criticizing the play of people around me. No, thats not it as I mastered that several years ago. Now I am dealing with the emotion of taking my losses and learning from them. Knowing that no matter how good I play, that no matter how good the read I have on a guy is, you can still lose. Thats tough.

I have been working on my game recently and I am going to start focusing more on tournaments instead of cash games. I took 4th in the weekly tournament at the Boomtown in Biloxi on Moday night. It was a $65.00 freeze-out and I collected $315.00. It felt good to get back into the money. I really felt good about the way I played and I think I outplayed everybody when we got down to the final 2 tables. Nobody was watching the clock and I was the only one watching it. Just about every move I made had the clock in it as a variable. I was amazed that no-one was paying attention.

I also got 3rd in our yearly Dean Money satellite tourney. Iy was $110.00 to get in and I colllected $245.00. A small payday, but a win just the same.

"You can't bluff somebody thats not paying attention"
Joe Montenga's character Mike in "House of Games"

No comments: