Saturday, February 10, 2007

Online session

I was able to pull off a sweet session online tonight. I played in several online tourneys and then moved to the limit$5-$10 game on pokerstars. I picked up $250.00 inthe 5-10 game. Spoke to "shady" bill earlier and he was kicking himself about the boomtown tournament today at noon. I was suppose to play but wound up sleeping too late. I think he was a little hard on himself and I talked to him about it. I know he is a good player, and I believe that we are all on the verge of "making it happen".

Our network of players is very strong:

Me, "Shady"Bill P, David "Davey" B, Parfait, Jason"Tex" H, Joe"The Nuts"B, Ray "LL Cool Ray" B, Paul S, Alex P, Lester and Jacob N, "Big Mike", Chris J, Chris "Merle" B,

Keep your eye out for one of these people...I think we are on the edge of "Making it Happen"!!!!

Peace...

"Genius is one percent inspiration, Ninety-Nine per cent perspiration"
Thomas Edison

3 comments:

slowplayjay said...

hello gene, i am also from your area and althought i have never really talked to you, i have played with you at local houma bars and at a hercules fuction. i just wanted to comment on some of the names that you mention in the network to watch out for. i have played against some very tough competion that you have not mentioned that i would like to give props to. I would like to give you 13 names in no special order.

1. Scotty trishe
2. James " The Dog " Arcenaux
3. Jesse " Brother-in law" Cole
4. " Wife Beater" Mike
5. Richard Wilkison
6. Japanesse legend " Jesse"
7. Missy Wren
8. The Dungan Family
( Bob, Claudette, Tanya, etc.)
9. Jerry & Marlene
10. PeeWee A.K.A. (Mr. Wee)
11. Chris " Schrek" Sumerall
12. David A.k.a. "Slowplay"


and not mention WSOP ring winner
Jo-Jo Cheramie, local poker legend

I feel that these are definally some of houma's better and more consistant poker player in the area

Anyway keep these great blogs coming in as i learn more and more about the strange game of No-Limit poker. With each blog i feel like my game can improve and hopefully i day i can start playing in bigger no-limit games such as $2,$4 no limit tables

Thanks, Yours Truly "Slowplayjay"

" IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE RICKY BOBBY-- TALLDEGA NIGHTS

slowplayjay said...

GENE, I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU IN PERSON ONE DAY AND MAYBE WE COULD SIT DOWN AND AND SHARE SOME POKER TELLS AND SIP ON SOME HOT LATTE, I AM ALSO PLANNING TO TRY AND PLAY A LITTLE IN THE WSOP IN MAY, AND HOPEFULLY I WILL SEE YOU THERE


THANKS AGAIN, SLOWPLAYJAY


" MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU"
LUKE SKYWALKER--STAR WARS


" THIS IS MAVERICK REQUESTING FLYBY, NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER THE PATH IS FULL"

TOM CRUISE-- TOP GUN

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

gene and slowplay , who are these yahoos that yall claim to be great players? Sounds like a case of Big fish in a small pond. And these quotes are getting out of hand lol.

Yaya Boyeeeeee! - Flavor Flav