Friday, March 23, 2007

Back from a week at the IP

I just got back into town after spending a week in Biloxi Ms working and training new employees. I was pleasantly surprise to see I am 21st on the tournamnet player of the year promo going on at the IP. I have 19 points. Bad thing is though they top 10 people are already in the mid 30's. My buddy, Mike McD, was in that number. I think I may have a shot, but I don't think I will get to play in enough tournys to make it in the top 10.

I "Bubbled" out the Monday night tournament in 13th and was really upset about it. I played badly. I should have at least gotten in the money. After the game I played 1-2 NL and picked up $310.00. I went down early ans had to grind it out to get back into the game and then post a profit. I employed the strategy of wild bill. Bill is actually on a mountain somewhere snowboarding and snow skiing. He still called me toget updates on my tournys though. I played terrible again in the Thurs night tourny and busted out before the first break. I played to aggressive against some players that were just there vacationing. I wound up donkying off all my chips on 2 blown bluffs. Overall on the week. I played in 2 tournaments...4 nights of cash games and left Biloxi with a profit of $435.00

I have not been playing much on line. I am a little pissed about neteller. I had over $500.00 that is now tied up with them. I am hearing that they may send all the US players checks and close out their accounts...yea right...I will be holding my breath.

One thing I noticed this week is lots of people arguing over the table. People taking bad beats and getting pissed off. Criticising everyone's play. Arguing with dealers...man...I just had enough. I wish people could just play poker and be friendly.

"In any real city you walk and brush past people in the sidewalk, bump people, In L.A. nobody touches you. Always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much that we "crash" into people just to feel it again"
intro in the movie "Crash"

2 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

This aint tiddly winks Gene. People like their money Man I really got to get a copy of your wifes calming voice, you really seem laid back.

"John Denver is full of shit" - Harry - Dumb and Dumber

bubble boy said...

if you are selling copies gene i will take one, anything to sooth the mind of a gambler losing his bankroll

" I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Bill Clinton