Sunday, May 27, 2007

Wow...alright

Damn...It seems that we have some people reading my blog...Wow...this is unexpected. I am going to go thru and read all the comments in a minute. Wild Bill told me that there were numerous post there. I will try to reply to the ones that are asking me specific questions.

I have been reading again since I haven't played in the last couple of days (Harrington's Red Book). I have been really doing a "Gut Check" on where I am in my poker world. Selling that last $500.00 chip and walking away from that mega has got to me. I have been talking things over with my wife and lots of my friends trying to see whether it is possible to "Make It"...or will I always be the above average player with a "day job" playing 1-2 ...2-5 NL cash games and always looking at my winnings as, "a lot of extra money". My biggest story will be that I came 46 people from a WSOP gold bracelet, knocked out Johnny Chan in the process, and didn't even cash in the event...weak. The only 2 people to see this was my wife and her boss. Wild Bill got play by play on the phone though. The problem is that my wife believes in me more than anyone, and she doesn't even play. She just believes that I am capable of doing anything in this world that I put my mind to.

Me...I believe I can do it. I have played with the best. Their everyday people just like you and me. What will it take for me to reach that plateau? I don't know...

...I do know one thing though...I am not about to give up...I am getting my 2nd wind for Vegas

"That's the secret of survival ...never go to war...especially with yourself"
Nicolas Cage's character Yuri in "Lord of War"

No comments: